Where do you carry your 1911?

I carried a 1911 in a Bianchi X15 shoulder holster years ago and never felt uncomfortable with it on, or I currantly use a OWB holster at 8:00 (I'm left handed)with shirt tails untucked.
Actually I think I'll pick up another X15 as I gave the last one to the friend I sold the 1911 to years ago.

At 1530 in a Safariland 27. A baggy tail-out T Shirt or Hawaiian style summer shirt conceals it fine.

RIA_S27.jpg

About 4:30 with a Milt Sparks VersaMax II.

For coverage, I have recently discovered the joys of the big & tall men's section.

While I prefer a Commander size 1911, I have comfortably carried (when legal) a full size 1911 concealed using a Milt Sparks Versa Max 2. I used to wear it at about 3:30, but since I've gotten older, mobility in my right shoulder has decreased; and I now carry at about 3:00. In either case I found the gun conceals nicely under a light cover garment like a light vest.

Depending conditions and what I am doing, cross draw, shoulder, IWB at 4 oclock OWB at 3:30. I am 62 and carried a full size for almost 40 years still have not found a reason to change.

Back