Where can a guy find an Enfield anymore.

Current importation?

I haven't seen much except for the occasional spurt of Long Branch/Savage or Ishy Enfields in importer's ads in a while, but you never know what's going to pop over the horizon next.

If you don't want an Ishy .308 or a No.4Mk.I*, you're reduced to online auctions or the gun show crawl until the next batch of imports gets dug out of a warehouse somewhere.

BEWARE: TN Guns and a couple of other companies got stuck with a bunch of P.O.S. Khyber Pass guns in the last few years! If anything looks hinky about your prospective purchase, such as a backwards stamping or incorrect crown or whatnot, walk on by. I got suckered by a Khyber "1916 EИΓІΞГD" because I wanted it to be true so badly...

$850 You GOTTA be Freakin' Kiddin' ME!

There is a large lot of those UF 55 Enfields on the market, $600 seems to be the going price. I bought one still in the wrap for $400 a year ago. The price of Enfields has skyrocketed, even junkers are bringing $200. My first Enfield was a mail order for $15.

Enfield for sale

I have a No1 Mk3 which I customized. It has had 30 rounds through it. I bought it from a fellow employee/friend who bought it from the dealer when it was imported. Bore is 98%+. Function is smooth.

I'm asking $400 o.b.o. within reason.

I'll either sell it or consider trade if you're interested.

Attachments

• Lee Enfield No 1 Mk 3 Ishapore .308 Custom1.jpg
    Lee Enfield No 1 Mk 3 Ishapore .308 Custom1.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 63
  • Lee Enfield No 1 Mk 3 Ishapore .308 Custom.jpg
    Lee Enfield No 1 Mk 3 Ishapore .308 Custom.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 42
Thats sportered No1 MKIII is worth about $100 at best ... if it was left original in full wood and milspec it might be worth $300-$400 depending on condition, year and whether it was matching or not.

Something for people who buy Milsurps in the future to consider is that their prices have gone up and altering them will only lose you money in the end. They are worth more original than they will ever be cut up.

Tiki.

$400 for a bubba-ized Ishy .308? :eek:

Good luck.

On the other hand...

Tikirocker said:
They are worth more original than they will ever be cut up.

I'll bet I can get more for my .300 Whisper Turk than anybody has ever paid for a shot-out Ankara re-arsenaled M1903/38. As a matter of fact, I'll bet it's worth triple what a cherry Turk 38 is bringing these days...

Oh, hey Tam, I'm sure that since you seem to be such an expert on Lee Enfields that you know the sights are able to be removed from the barrel with no damage to any parts. This way it can be completely put back to original parts. I'm sure you also noticed that there was no cutting done to this gun. With the exception of drilling and tapping, this gun can go back to completely original in a weekend.

Thanks for trying to sound intelligent. Doesn't fit you though.

A drilled and tapped rifle is not original and next to chopping a barrel is seen as about the worst thing you can do to a Milsurp - that's in the eyes of collector/shooters; just so you know.

Tiki.

If you track prices on Gunbroker you well see the sporterized Enfields seldom bring more than $200. The originals bring a high price compared to a few years ago, and the sniper models are at or over 4k. There is no reason to drill and tap a Enfield. There are several different no gunsmithing scope mounts. Altering a original stock that is matched to the receiver should be a crime.

I do think the Enfield makes a nice sporter, but start out with one that is already cut.

the_law_man01 said:
Oh, hey Tam, I'm sure that since you seem to be such an expert on Lee Enfields
Oh, I'm no expert on them. I own a couple, and have owned a few others in the past. I've sold a whole bunch of them over the past years, though. Tikirocker's a lot more of an "Enfield expert" than I am.
the_law_man01 said:
that you know the sights are able to be removed from the barrel with no damage to any parts. This way it can be completely put back to original parts. I'm sure you also noticed that there was no cutting done to this gun. With the exception of drilling and tapping, this gun can go back to completely original in a weekend.
Yeah, so?

#1: You didn't mention if the original parts come with the gun or not.

#2: Even if the original parts do come with the gun, and someone puts them back on, all they have is a drilled & tapped Ishy .308. Assuming it headspaces tight, all the numbers match, and it has a stock that doesn't look like it's been gnawed on by angry beavers (like most Enfields that spent too much time in India) that's a $200-$250 gun all day long.

the_law_man01 said:
Thanks for trying to sound intelligent. Doesn't fit you though.

No need to be rude; all I did was wish you luck. Oh, and don't forget Rule #3, which you agreed to when you signed up here at The Firing Line:
3) No spamming, trolling, flaming or other personal attacks, be they acrimonious or veiled in humor. If you take issue with a Member's position, by all means speak your mind. If you have a problem with a Member's religion, creed, national origin, sex, politics, associations or personal hygiene, take it to email.
Thank you, and have a nice day! :)

the law man 01, good idea, give Tamara a hard time and tell her she doesn't know what she's talking about.:mad: you'll make lots of friends around here.

Tamara,

I'm sorry if you took offense to my statements. I sure didn't take offense when you insinuated earlier that I'm some kind of redneck, hick, or "bubba" (as you put it) for simply modifying a firearm to my likeing. If you don't like it, that's fine. I think it looks interesting. Not only that, it is also lighter weight (better for carrying in the woods). The barrel cools better without all the wood on it. It is more weatherproof with the new finish. And, certainly not the lesser of importance, with the scope you can really learn to appreciate the accuracy of these rifles at 500-800 yards. Where your rifle might hit a 2'x3' target at 500 yards, mine will hit a 12" target every shot from 600 yards.

As a matter of fact, I shot 31 rounds of mil-surp 7.62NATO on Friday. The first was to check "0" on the scope. (Dead on at 100) Followed by 6 5-shot groups. All of which ranged from .75" to 1.25" (from 100 yards).

Keep in mind its all about personal preference. You like the original military rifle. That's great. That's what works for you. I happen to have a Lee Enfield that is in all original EXCELLENT condition.

I customized this firearm. It works great for me. You don't have to attack me for taking something great and making it BETTER. Just accept that every person in the world has different interests. I have an original condition Enfield which will not leave my collection. So, bubba-izing (as you term it:)) an extra Ishy isn't a big deal to me. It was fun to do:). It is fun to shoot:D. It was worth doing.

Back