Where can a guy find an Enfield anymore.

AIM, CDNN, Century Arms International, all out?

Can't have mine - TACK driver with one handload.

PICT0056.jpg

I see them frequently at gun shows. And the small gunsmith shop I use has a good selection of No.4 Savages. Price has gone thru the roof tho.

I hear you! I never moved on the No. 1 Mk. 3 I always wanted figuring they'd always be around for about $150. Oops.

Yeah, but...

Those No.4's and newer models are okay, but what ya really want is the original LE.

Dude!!!!! You saw a Lee Enfield at BIG 5 and you didn't get it!?!?!?!?!?

How much was it?

It was 180 dollars with a bayonet and everything. MK-III* mark-1.

I was looking for a Mosin Nagant, the Enfield was not on my radar yet. When I decided I wanted one it was gone.:(

My 1943 BSA No. 4 Mark I* has a smoother action than my 1948 Ishapore No. 1 Mk. III which has a smoother action than my 1946 Savage No 4. Mk 1*. And I find the feel of the BSA to be superior also.

I say hit the gunshows so that you have a choice of them to pick thru. There are not the large numbers of nice ones anymore but if you are lucky you might find a half dozen decent ones and you should forget the details if you want a shooter, get the best condition especially borewise. I myself am too old to mess around with buying crappy surps hoping to "fix them up". If I can afford it, I get something nice or nothing at all. Prices are up but that is just typical.

There's one in Austin Texas that I'll be picking up early this coming week. SOG has some listed, but call them, because when I ordered one they were out. Worth a try.

Back