Where are the new revolvers?

Hmmm... part of what makes wheel guns cool, is that they are old and made many years ago.... This is about the newest one that would ever interest me, and it absolutely does warm my feelers....

Attachments

• s&w R8 M&P.png
    s&w R8 M&P.png
    98.5 KB · Views: 73
Chadio, that is a wicked looking piece. Wild Cat, we are in agreement. CNC ‘s are very accurate and can do multiple operations on one machine, rather than needing separate fixtures at multiple stations. Colt touted redesigning the manufacturing process for the new Pythons to be able to get them on the shelf for $1000.
And not just revolvers. The 1911 design has been simplified in several areas to eliminate human hands on, so we can have GI pistols for $500.
I wasn’t saying modern manufacturing methods were inferior, just disagreeing that revolvers are somehow more complex to produce than polymer, striker fired pistols.

I had 2 629s that were mint with everything they shipped with in case. Both 6.5”, one full lug factory ported the other standard. I just got rid of them a few months ago. Drug them for a year with no interest. Traded one for a 29-8 mountain gun that I didn’t want either but I don’t like stainless guns. In revolvers the dealers around here only have been getting second rate stuff.

A friend in the Industry told me thatat the moment Smith and Ruger are both dedicating their production efforts to the highest net profit items that they can sell. Due to the panic buying and all things Covid, they can't keep up, so they are making only what makes them the most profit.

I bought a 617 and a 629 early in the Covid scare. the 617 seems good(could use the forcing cone re cut and polished). The 629 is kind of a mess, at the beginning of the double action pull it it hangs, unuseable. It has a dip in the barrel rib, some kind of mis-machining I guess. The forcing cone is good, they even polished it. It shoot very well, I shoot single action with the 44 Mag. So I didn't send it back for repair. It's a shame S&W doesn't have the quality that we expect. They aren't cheap guns.

Back