Where are the 44 magnum revolvers?

I've been looking for a Blackhawk in .45 Colt for about two weeks now (I just bought a Henry in .45 Colt and it seems fitting to have a pistol too).

The closest I've found locally is an old model Vaquero that is a little too beat up for the price they want. Gunbroker looks like the best option now. There was a really nice looking S&W 25 at a pawn shop but that isn't quite what I'm going for.

I recall in my recent looking that I really haven't seen any .44 revolvers either. One of the shop owners made a statement that he doesn't want to hold any pistols in inventory that he can't also sell ammo with, might be part of the trouble in your area as well.

[quote = Nick_C_S]

And yes, there it was: the 5" Classic. Sold.

It's a great gun. The trigger is really smooth for a new S&W (2016-ish). I'm glad I got it.

[/quote]

I carry that same model all day, every day. It's the perfect .44mag, and the perfect handgun, period.

> MSRP (new) was $283.50.

In 1973 my Dad bought a brand-new three bedroom house in a nice neighborhood. His payments were $124 and some change per month. Granted small-town Arkansas was probably cheaper than the rest of the country, but for most people you were probably still looking at two months' rent or house payments.

And yes, there it was: the 5" Classic. Sold.

I carry that same model all day, every day. It's the perfect .44mag, and the perfect handgun, period.

This blows my mind. I find it inconvenient to carry a Sig P365, and this guy carries a 5" 629 every day. Hats off to you, man!!

I carry that same model (629 Classic, 5") all day, every day.

I'm surprised your handle isn't "Dirty Harry." :p J/K, it's all good. I rather think it's awesome, actually.

In the cool season (which is only about 10 weeks/year here in the Sacramento valley), I can layer up with a windbreaker (more concealment) and carry my 686+ 3" bbl. Many are surprised at my carrying a mere "L" frame, much less, an "N" :p. It's big and heavy (not 629 big and heavy, mind you), but it doesn't bother me to carry it at all. It's my preferred carry piece. (Compact 9mm most of the year.)

I bought A new 629 last year, shoots very well single action. Double action hang hard at beginning of pull. The rib has a dip in it near the front sight. Decided to keep it since it's accurate! Poor quality from S&W these days....

Back