Where are all the Kahrs?

I bought a K9 too for about $400, maybe 6 years ago; longer? Brushed nickel - looks like stainless, with wood grips. Nice little single stack gun, but I never shoot it. Don't even know why I bought it.

Nobody sells the Kahrs that run well. I've had issues with the 40 cal Kahrs and so has my Dad. I traded my CW40 for a P226. I used to carry a P9. The older ones run like a top.

Used guns in general are scarce. With constitutional carry in Texas about to pass I bet pocket guns are about to get scarcer.

I have a PM9 that I bought when I retired from the PD. Back then I thought it was the perfect edc pistol. Extremely accurate and reliable. Then a few years later the Sig P365 came along. Once again the perfect edc pistol. I still carry the Kahr ever now and again. I just can't make myself let it go. It doses tend to lend itself a little better for pock carry, at least for me.

My CM9 is one of my favorite pocket pistols. Really nice size and comfortable to shoot.

UPFUPPLl.jpg

OrDo75Il.jpg

Kahr PM9 W/laser

My wife & I have both carried Kahrs for a while, her's a P380, and mine the above titled gun. Fast forward to recent past, she can't rack the .380 anymore so recently traded that on a Smith EZ380 (breaking it in now).

She's been carrying the PM9 for a while in spite of having some difficulty racking that as well (not as bad as the 380 and she likes the laser). It's time to sell the PM9 with laser. Gonna look at the Smith EZ9 to replace it, after we break in the EZ380, and she starts carrying that. I'm also having more difficulty racking the pm9 ( arthritis and old age).

Where should I look to establish price, and more importantly, find customers?

Retfed
Email: sclou171@gmail.com

Lou

Lou, IF you have a LGS that will do consignment for 10% store credit and order in what you want, I have found that to be the best path.

Kahrs do sell for good prices (for the seller) on Gunbroker, but, if you don't already have a profile and good feedback there, harder to get good prices out of the gate.

Picked up my P9 Covert from my lgs 2 weeks ago. 15oz unloaded, but can get a full grip. New carry gun with a sweet trigger.

Siggy, can you post a photo of it?
Is it a Kahr PM9-X?
(Kahr PM9 barrel length with P9 grip lenth)
The old coverts used to be more like a MK9 longslide, or a chopped k9

Right now I carry my PM9 with the 7 round mag (modified with magguts to give 8+1 with a extension sleeve, so similar to the PM9X confirguration.

Picked up my P9 Covert from my lgs 2 weeks ago. 15oz unloaded, but can get a full grip. New carry gun with a sweet trigger.
Congrats on such a great find. I would love to have one to add to my collection of Kahrs. My preferred 9mm is the CM with 6rd mag and pierce grip. Simple and so reliable.

Last edited:
Back