Where are all the Kahrs?

lefty620

I have been searching high and low in the greater houston area for a cw380 or p380 with no luck. I have free ffl transfers and havent been able to find any online either, even on gunbroker. What happened to make kahrs so scarce? I know demand in general is high, but glock 19s and other uber popular guns are still out there.

I was lucky, bought another P380 in March of 2020 and so glad I did. In fact while I normally shoot 380 pocket guns religiously and have been for over 10 years, the new P380 was the last time I had a good time shooting one with at least 200 rds per session. The Popularity of the small 380 pocket gun just seems to be growing all the time. And then there is the ammo shortage, 380 is virtually impossible to find. At least at any reasonably price. While the 380 is a great Pocket gun, they do have a longer learning curve. I would say forget the Kahr 380 or any of the smaller guns until the ammo is more available. Fortunately I stocked up for years, but still miss shooting 200 rds sessions. I also bought a third Beretta Pico before the shortage. Saw this coming as well.

Bad time to be buying any new gun.

KAHR's don't sell very well around here. I picked up this K9 on Friday for $400 with 2 mags. Can't wait to shoot it. Fits my hand like a glove. Before I bought it I tried to look it up to see what it was worth and it looked like $400 was a good price. Your right not much out there in the used market for Kahrs.

My other Kahr is a CW9 and I really like it also. I have never shot or held a CW380.

z6JCjm6l.jpg

My LGS buys them when folks come in. They are usually sold before they get a tag on them. I have 3 and I won't be selling them.

Used Kahr's at my LGS do not last long. I happen to see a CM9 come in and bought it up right away.(they sell fast) Actually traded another pistol for it. I was able to shoot 50 rds at the store range before purchase and it ran great. I did put a new mag release spring in it, took about 10 minutes. Other than that, it runs perfect and have added a night sight to it. Now two CM9's. I use one for range and one for carry.

Really like these night sights. Show up nicely even in just low light. Put just a front sight on the other one.
KJgKAiO.jpg

Last edited:
My LGS sold mine on consignment (9mm) to a guy who had bought the 380 and wanted a "matching pair" so to speak. It lasted a whole day at the store. I sold mine (CM-9) because the SIG P365 holds almost twice the ammo in the same size

Bought both of my Kahrs used and got excellent deals on nearly new guns. The key on both was not getting in a hurry--I just kept my eyes open and eventually found what I was looking for at the right price.

SS K9 came home w me from a gun show many years ago. A twin for the one in LOGS foto. Fit my hand like it was made for it. Only downside is the weight and the magazine capacity. Has run flawlessly - maybe 1k rounds thru it. An occasional carry gun. Not going on the block anytime soon.

A few years ago, at the LGS used gun case, they had a Kahr CW9 and a Kahr p45 for sale. For some unknown reason, they had them BOTH priced at 450.00. Of course I knew that the P series was worth more, but didn't buy it on the spot. But then drove 80 miles again the next day to go back and buy the Kahr p45 because I knew that I would regret it some day if I passed on it.
It's been on of my favorites, a lightweight .45 acp pistol the size of the officers model, yet half the weight.

I've been to nearly a dozen gun stores in the past couple of months and none of them even carry Kahrs for some reason. I've even been to two gun shows and none of the dealers there had Kahrs either. It's really weird considering their 380s and 9mms are still some of the smallest and lightest on the market. Im a glock aficianado (my edc is a glock model 45) but want something uber tiny for pocket carry and the kahr p380/cw380 cant seem to be touched by anything else for that size range. I shot a pm9 years ago and really like the trigger on kahrs, especially for something i want to put in a pocket holster

I was just wondering if they were having some kind of manufacturing or distribution issue that was causing their product to be absent most everywhere

I was just wondering if they were having some kind of manufacturing or distribution issue that was causing their product to be absent most everywhere
This has been discussed on the Kahr Forum and the consensus is that they are just a super demand for them. They are just such nice Pocket guns and such mild shooting etc. You can sometimes find a good used one or new one on Gunbroker, but you will pay some high prices. The same goes for the CM9's but they are a little more available. You might want to look for both and buy the first one that comes up at a decent price. Most folks that get a 380 so often after getting one, also want the CM or PM or vice versa. Triggers are the same on each. And the CM is such a great size and weight. Shooter's that love a great DAO trigger keep the demand high. And they are one of the few that are actually designed to shoot Plus P ammo or Hot Ammo. A testament to the high quality. And they will shoot hot ammo better than most guns will shoot standard ammo. The have "1" CW380 available now that just went up for bid on gun broker starting at $499 with front night sights.
I wish you luck, Like John SA said, just be patient and it will come.

Last edited:
In the family: PM9, K9 (NYPD trade-in), PM40, TP45. My first is the PM9 and it remains my go-to as a pocket 9. The K9 has the best trigger but they are all good. Where are the Kahrs for sale? 1) demand must be insane, and 2) very few would let go of theirs, I know I won't.

Now I do carry IWB a G48 and I will soon be carrying a P365XL. But the PM9 will always fit in a pocket holster neatly when called upon.

If they made a double stack P9 or CW9 I would buy one of those too.
Yep, me too.

I sold my BIL my CW40, which I would not have sold to anyone other than family. Of the pistols I was willing to sell, him he preferred it over the others.

I have two PM9s and a CW45 and I am always on the look-out for a CW9 and a T or K series with a metal frame.

Personally if they made a double stack in a P9 or CW9 might be something I would be interested in. Or one of the larger kahr 9mm's. But I would not be the least bit interested in in a new CM9 or Pm 9 with a double stack. Absolutely no need for one for Practical EDC. I will stick with the reliable and simple single stack. And so easy to just buy new springs if a replacement time comes around. No need to mess with perfection. Especially do NOT mess with current size and weight. If they came out with just a different magazine that fit the current CM 9 would be Ok, at least you would have a choice.
That said. With two CM9's which are life time guns, no need to worry one way or the other.

Last edited:
Back