When to start competing?

It's a pretty decent gun as it comes. Shoot it for awhile to get a feel for it and then you can decide what you want changed.

So when I did the 900, it was only my second time shooting 25m one handed-- my score reflected that. I don't care about scores at this point. Baby steps. I'm working on groupings with a goal of no misses.

I'm hitting the range 3 times a week at about 150 rounds in 90 minutes. Getting to know my gun and ammo. Working on stance and breathing.

I am reading a ton. Wish there was a bullseye clinic locally :-)

Can someone explain dryfire practicing. What am I trying to accomplish with it. I have read a lot but still am unclear what I'm trying to get out of it.

Thanks!

It's a pretty decent gun as it comes. Shoot it for awhile to get a feel for it and then you can decide what you want changed.

That's what I'm thinking about doing..He actually called me today to tell me he's getting the parts and it would be $250 and he's ready to work on it. Told him I can't yet of course.

Really amped!

Can someone explain dryfire practicing. What am I trying to accomplish with it.
You're trying to get used to seeing a proper sight picture and, more importantly, not disturbing it while you pull the trigger.

Experiment with holding the pistol differently and with different finger positioning on the trigger to see what works best in terms of allowing you to squeeze through a complete trigger pull without moving the sights off target or disturbing the correct alignment between the sights. For one handed shooting, many people try to keep their thumb off the gun because the thumb and trigger finger are so used to working together it's hard to move one without the other.

Since bullseye is about precision and not really about rapid recoil recovery, dryfire practice can be extremely productive.

Back