Wheeler Engineering Professional Reticle Leveling System - Anybody use one?

I suppose you could use a collimator with a spud in the bore.

I bought a used collimator..a Redfield. I tried it,the spud was too tight. I stopped. Muzzle abuse!!
I don't even know what did with it.

Not clear to me what you are asking. Are you talking the internal adjustments of the scope are not "in tune" with the turrets--adjustment knob do you mean turret(s)? Or are you talking the wheeler tool? Sorry, not being snarky--just can't tell what you mean.;)
Sorry for this late reply......

I'm referring to the reticle wires aligned parallel to the adjustment turrets.

Does the vertical reticle track the vertical adjustment? If not, the reticle cell needs to be twisted. Verify in windage, too.

And how do you verify centerline of your scope is aligned with centerline of your bore (without hanging a line some distance from the scope)?:D
First, use the 2 V block method to put the scope's line of sight dead center on the scope optical-mechanical axis. That's not midpoint in the scope's E and W adjustment's mechanical limits. There's typically more clicks up and right than down and left from the optical-mechanical axis centered on the outer main tube.

Then mount the scope in a ring adjustable mount (Burris) then adjust the rings to point the scope to boresight on a distant target.

The bore axis is now parallel with the scope's optical and mechanical centerline.

If the scope has a 60 MOA adjustment range, you may not be able to get zeros past 600 yards. About 30 MOA up is all that's available.

Last edited:
So, quick update. I have one. It's a flawed system. It assumes your scope base, receiver, feed lips and scope turret are square. I have had good results a couple times. And one gun that I could not use it on.

I ended up getting the real avid scope leveling kit. Huge improvement. Aligns the scope directly over the barrel. And the cross hairs not the turret. Well worth it imho.

Has anyone ever checked their scope's tracking in elevation and windage?

That verifies the elevation and windage adjustments are parallel to the vertical and horizontal reticles.

It's common to do so

Has anyone ever checked their scope's tracki?ng in elevation and windage
I have and I'm there are a number of others shooters who do so, in a regular basis. Most of these folks are precision shooters; they can be quite picky and rightfully so....... ;)

Be Safe !!!

Has anyone ever checked their scope's tracking in elevation and windage?

That verifies the elevation and windage adjustments are parallel to the vertical and horizontal reticles.
I have not. I alwasy used to set it and forget it for my huting guns. however as i am working out to longer ranges and am going to be dialing windage I will be checking my tracking in the near future

Back