Whats your Predator rifle and whats it used for?

Savage 10 Predator in .243 with brush camo and a Weaver Super Slam EBX 2X10X50, its pretty mean on deer too. 90grn Nosler BT over 45.5grns of 4831SC for a velocity of 3250FPS.

Well lets see here. It's a model 7 walnut stocked Rem. It has a Bushnell Trophy scope made in Japan and it's tighten down with Leupold QRW rings. Caliber 223.
Predators: Anything I consider a nuisance or a pest to me while on my property. To date the rifle has only been fired at 4-legged creatures. i.e. coyotes, fox, and the occasional feral cat caught in the act of terrorizing my bird feeders while at my cabin.

aarondhgraham: That's got to be the all time a classic thread. You deserve a trophy for that one. lol _:D

Last edited:
Browning BL-22. :) Used on big snapping turtles. Yep, they are predators too..... I could show you many examples of my expensive fish with big "V"-shaped hunks missing from them. :mad:

nice setup

I love all your choices, i would be in favor of shooting hogs with .223 due to easy follow up shots, but i have so much in my small game rifle already that i don't have 1,000 for an AR, right now. I have a chance to buy one of two guns right now, either a Beretta 92fs 9mm that i would use for a side arm for shooting Hogs, or i can get a WASR ak-47 ( for plinking, and i could set it up for hunting for the occasional challenge :) ) which gun should i get, which ever i pick i won't be getting the other for a long time so i don't what to choose wrong on this one.
-Corey

Whats your Predator rifle and whats it used for?

My predator rifle is whatever rifle I have in my hand while I'm hunting predators.........it could be the .17HMR , the .223, or the ought-six. Sometimes I prefer the 12 ga.

....and I use it for, you guessed it, predators.

wow, i bet you sat in your Parents basement for hours thinking of that sentence, thinking it would come across as something cool? and somehow you thought that it would somehow touch my heart and hurt my feelings? :)
have a nice day
-Corey

My predator rifle is a Colt Hbar II lower with a RRA stainless flat top upper. It has a Z-51 night vision scope.

I mostly use it for the sake of conversation. People start talking about hunting coyotes or pigs or such and I break out my night-vision-AR-15 and get a few oohhs and aahhs then it goes back in the safe... :rolleyes:

Willie

yeah, with an investment like that it belongs in the safe! i have a friend who has some kind of night vision scope he said its a Jager pro or something like that, he said its the same one that this pro. hog hunting crew use all over the states to control those beast. i was with him when he bought it.... 6,500! if yours is anything like that then i have some serious respect for the quality you have in your AR, im not much of an AR person ( not because i don't like them, i love them and i wish i owned one, but heck i get to shoot one of my dads all the time when we do run and gun drills so im not in a hurry to buy one) anyway thats a nice setup, i like my remington 700 bdl, ive always had a soft spot for a nice wood stock. take care!
-Corey

I get so very little time to hunt anymore .... I use one rifle for pretty much all my hunting (save that which must be done with a shotgun).... prairie dogs to deer (and maybe Elk in the future- G-Pa got one with this same rifle, so it's possible), it's my .270 WIN.

$6,500? Divide that by the # of coyotes you kill with that and they are pretty spendy, unless you are killling a whole lot of them on a reglar basis!

Jimbob

yeah, i don't know how many he gets, but he owns around 200 acres, and the closest property to his is a state park that firearms are not aloud in. so they come on to his property all the time. i have never been to his house and not seen atleast one. he prob. takes close to a hundred a year, maybe not that much but he gets one nearly every other day.

My predator rifle is just a plain DPMS AR15.
It has a 16"pencil bbl,free float tube TRS25 Reddot and a flashlight.
It's accounted for everything from rabbits to hogs. Mainly Coyotes!!

My predator rifle is whatever rifle I have in my hand while I'm hunting predators.........it could be the .17HMR , the .223, or the ought-six. Sometimes I prefer the 12 ga.

....and I use it for, you guessed it, predators.

Yup. I've used 22mag, 223, 243, 22 hornet, 45 colt, 45-70, 30-30, 30-06 and possibly my favorite: the 12GA. Shotgunning coyotes in the thick stuff is pretty awesome.

My sentiments on coyotes is that they're good for putting bullets into. All my guns will do that. Can't wait to flog one with my 50 Beowulf.

what is your predator gun and what is it used for?

416 rigby and with regards to predators I use it on lion and Hyena. all softnose. for leopard I use 308 with v-max (110grn) or 243 with v-max(87grn)
out of a hide with bait

7STW Win, just sometimes you feel mean,used for anything that might need shooting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back