What's your opnion of those .44 caliber Navy models?

Well I do own a 44 Brasser, it was my first BP revolver and I made a mistake 2 ways.
It actually shoots very smooth and accurate!
Yea I like Stainless everythings!
Wish origonal Bowies were Stainless!
ZVP

When did the word "abomination" become a personal insult...?

The moment someone pretending to be a "mature and respectful adult" took it as one. Notice that he's the only one acting "defensive". I guess he doesn't care for differing opinions. :rolleyes: Just for the record, I think .44 "navies" are an "abomination" too, and I used to own one.

When did the word "abomination" become a personal insult...?
So it would be okay to call your mother an abomination???

I guess he doesn't care for differing opinions.
Like I said..."I think you guys can say you don't like them, or prefer something else, without calling them an abomination and putting everyone who owns one on the defensive."

Sorry for trying to get a couple sticks in the mud to lighten up. :rolleyes:

I will go forth and enjoy my abominations. I pity those who don't. :rolleyes:

So it would be okay to call your mother an abomination???

No one did that.

I will go forth and enjoy my abominations. I pity those who don't.

No reason to pity me. I very much enjoy the fifteen Uberti replica revolvers I currently own.

I pity folks that can't hear differing opinions without getting a case of butthurt about their choice of words. ;)

Have fun with your abominations.:cool:

Last edited:
You didn't answer my question.

I pity folks that can't hear differing opinions without getting a case of butthurt about their choice of words.
I pity those who lack the intellect to share their differing opinion without being offensive. "I don't like them because they're not historically accurate" is a differing opinion that won't cause an argument. "They're an abomination" is an insult that obviously will cause an argument.....because it did. I'm very sorry that you're so offended because someone felt the need to point out such an inflammatory statement.

I pity those who lack the intellect to share their differing opinion without being offensive. "I don't like them because they're not historically accurate" is a differing opinion that won't cause an argument. "They're an abomination" is an insult that obviously will cause an argument.....because it did. I'm very sorry that you're so offended because someone felt the need to point out such an inflammatory statement.

Not only are they an abomination they're blasphemous bordering on sacreligous :D:D:D

I pity those who lack the intellect to share their differing opinion without being offensive.

Actually sport, in this entire thread, you and only you are the one person to be offended.

"They're an abomination" is an insult that obviously will cause an argument.....because it did.

No, again, YOU are the only one that is having an argument. Not one other person in this conversation got worked up about anything. Just you.

I'm very sorry that you're so offended because someone felt the need to point out such an inflammatory statement.

Again, you're the only fellow that has gotten offended. I'm not offended at all. I've been having a good ol' chuckle since you first flipped your lid over something so trivial.

As far as you questioning someone else's intellect, you might want to look at who is throwing a tantrum over a word used in an opinion to describe an inanimate object that has no feelings. If you like them, that's fine. Nobody cares. No reason to be petulant about it.

I'm done with this crap.

Last edited:
Whew!! Ok I'll throw my .02 in here, it may be worth less than that. I'm just GLAD that companies make the working replica's at an affordable price so a common man like me can afford them and enjoy them. There is no way I could afford an original. SO I'll deal with a little inaccuracies in the reproductions. BUT with that said, I try to stick with the right caliber for the reproduced model.:D If you want a 44 cal. open top Colt, buy an 1860 Army, they look better anyway.

*deerslayer, runs and dives in the waterin trough as the navy guys start slinging stuff* :p

Quote:

" Boy, this is getting good. Glad winter isn't over yet."

Fingers McGee,

It's nice to have some good natured drama to get us through these bleak winter days.

If my mother was as ugly as a .44 "navy", I'd have to start calling her jackmoser 65.

Methinks the problem is in asking for peoples opinions. Well, ya got opinions, lol! Don't get mad if someone calls something you like an "abomination". Same thing goes one every day, "chevy/ford", "winchester/marlin", "harley/rice burner", etc. If you like it, do you really care what someone you probably don't know personally thinks?

Methinks the problem is in asking for peoples opinions. Well, ya got opinions, lol! Don't get mad if someone calls something you like an "abomination". Same thing goes one every day, "chevy/ford", "winchester/marlin", "harley/rice burner", etc. If you like it, do you really care what someone you probably don't know personally thinks?

Exactly. I don't understand getting personally insulted if someone doesn't like the same things you do. So what? If it's something you like, that's all that matters. But blowing a fuse and equating it with insulting ones mother is insane.

Barrel & Cylinder Interchangeability

I have a new 2014 [CM] Pietta 1851 Navy .36 steel framed pistol.

Will new Pietta 1851 Navy .44 barrel and .44 cylinder (from VTI or others) fit this frame (marketed for the brass frame pistols)?

I am thinking so, but we all know about "assume" = a$$ (out of) u (and) me.

Just having pipe dreams about a 21st century cased set based upon one firearm. Not that it will be anywhere near historically correct, just aesthetically pleasing (to me). I forgot to mention a squareback trigger guard and a shoulder stock.

Sorry, Hawg and others!

Long term project due to lack of immediate funds, but, heh...

Thanks in advance!

Jim

Some .36 Colt's have enough frame clearance for the .44 cylinder to work but I can't remember which ones.

Back