What's your longest shot? Not good enough

If we're talking something bigger than a golfball, I did hit a (private)lake about 2.5 miles away, ~12 seconds from 'flash to splash' with a Barrett :)

Last edited:
Farthest I've ever shot was targets at 300 yards with a Tikka T3 270 WSM.

Open sights my best handgun shot was 100 yards, 5 out of 6 shots on a 10" target, 4" ruger gp100 357 mag.

Where I live most hunting shots are literally 100 yards max.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My longest shot was a Prairie Dog at 527 yards using a NEF Handi Rifle in .223, took three shots. Next was a Pronghorn Antelope at 429 yards using a Remington 700AWR in 7mmSTW, one shot.

Can't get much past 500yds around my neck of the woods. My best was a 507yd called cold bore head shot on a silhouette target. It hit in the right eyeball that had been drawn on the target. Probably mostly luck. What really helped was the lack of wind. My cousin then fired the rifle for the first time ever and made a solid chest hit.

My longest shot was probably right around 2-2.5 miles.

Now if we want to talk about my longest hit......well that's a completely different story and one that I don't wish to talk about right now. :o but suffice to say I could have a conversation at that distance :)

Last edited:
My longest shot was last year while prairie dog shooting. 487 yards, about 30 ft. above the target, with a 10-15 MPH crosswind. It took 4-5 shots to walk the last bullet into his chest.

Back