What's your go-to shooting supplies website?

Your go-to gun parts/accessories website?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It depends on who has the lowest price for what I want. eBay, Midway, Brownell's, Optics Planet, Bayou Bullets, Missouri Bullets, . . . . . . and on and on and on. If I'm spending more than just a few $$ I will spend a little time searching.

I will second Graf's is a go-to for me for anything reloading related. I also check their loaded ammo, if I ever buy it (can't remember when other than to qualify with an off-duty gun and reloads weren't allowed; and that was just a 100 round Walmart trip). They aren't always cheapest, but they usually are priced at least "okay" and they have more reloading components than anyone.

Midway and Brownells still are my main stores for firearms related parts and gear, excluding reloading. And I would still light money on fire before giving it to CTD.

Primary Arms SGAmmo PSA Botach & LaRue are regulars of mine, I used to use Midway USA but their not competitive price wise any more IMO. I'll use Brownells for the occasional great deal like their recent deal on Colt complete lowers, but other than that Brownells is also too high IMO. Widners was great until the owner sold to the present owners, again now too damn high..

I order the most from Midway.
I have an order in with Brownells at the moment for 7 Glock magazines.
I also shop Mid South, Graf, Natches, and Powder Valley. I have ordered a couple things from Optical Planet lately also.

Bob

I'll say Midway, but recently made my first order from Natchez and next time I need powder/primers and they have a free hazmat offer if spend $100, I'll definitely order from them.

Midway is great because they just have everything. Brass, bullets, accessories, you name it, they got it.

For reloading presses, reloading equipment, and other accessories, I try to hit up Walmart's website because they usually have some stuff, just depends if it's the stuff you want. When they do, it's usually the same as Midway, but with free shipping and easy returns.

I buy my scopes through Walmart's website exclusively now.

If I'm buying factory ammo I'll usually buy it from either Sportsmansguide or Cabelas. Cabelas prices have been higher lately, usually 2-4 dollars more for ammo than SG, so I've been getting more from SG lately. It shows too as I looked at my order history for Cabelas and over a year passed from my most recent order to my last one.

Prices for other stuff at Cabelas is starting to get ridiculous; Cabelas is slowly becoming the new Gander Mountain. $50 for a 33 round Glock magazine when Midway has them for $35? Unacceptable.

CTD can go straight to Hell while Opticsplanet can tailgate them on the way.

Midway or Brownells mostly.
Powder & primers I pick up locally if you call 125 miles one way local.
Brass direct from Starline.
Shoot 95% cast bullets ordered from casters.
Lee reloading equipment so I get that stuff from Titan Reloading.
I'm another one that will not purchase from CTD.

Dana

Black powder from Grafs. BP revolvers/pistols from Cabela's, Midway, Muzzleloaders, and Sportsman's Warehouse. If the ad's are watched enough, each of these business's will have deals that come along to beat the others, including the majority of internet pricing, even after the Cabela's buyout. For reloading machines and equipment options, Scheels will sometimes have sale prices that beat just about everybody. I prefer up front inspections for most of guns, and don't buy them online, with the exception of some black powder models. I also buy from Brownells. That's the great thing about having smart phones. When you're walking through a store, and run into the impulse buying mood, it's always easy to price check.

Use to purchase from whom ever had the best price. Not anymore. Business places today.. As close to this State as possible. i.e. >Shipping costs do matter now.

Selway Armory and Buds Gun Shop are two I use. Buds website is a pita but being retired if it takes a few minutes to navigate, no biggie. Cabelas website musta been designed by Russia....damned near impossible.

I use Midway the most but have started using Brownells a lot. Midway's shipping get up there. Brownells has a $49 shipping for everything you buy. I now use that when I can.

I'll sometimes order something small and then realize I need something else. With the Brownells shipping it doesn't matter because I no longer have to pay for individual packages.

I've ordered a lot of gunsmithing tools from Brownells. I bought myself a Christmas Present last month of a Volquartsen barrel for my Ruger Mark IV. VQ had them on sale for $335, regular price $375. I missed the sale but with my Brownells discount it was $335 and an extra bonus of 10%. Came to $303.

Mostly from Midway and Brownells/Sinclair. But been looking carefully at bullets.com. CTD once (and only.) Natchez Powder and primers. Primary Arms and some smaller sites. Got my Razor HD 2 for 10% off at optics Planet. Brownells sent a personal thank you after a fairly large order. Only problem I've had has been CTD. Took order as in stock then back ordered most important part. May try powder Valley if not happy with bullets.com. Amazon for some as a prime member 2nd day shipping is nice.

Bill

Has anybody else noticed Amazon's shooting supplies selection dropped a lot in the past 4 months or so? I used to be able to find pretty specific gun parts on there (such as springs and pins). Now I'm only finding things like rail accessories, slings and optics.

Midway or Brownells whichever has a sale and in stock. Just ordered four 16oz cans of Remoil from Freedom Munitions, other suppliers were more expensive or out of stock.

Last edited:
I purchase all my reloading supplies from Midsouth, I live about a mile away from them, saves hazmat fees on powder and primers. I have bought some scopes from them and other items. For the things they don't stock I go to Brownells and some to Midway but Midway is a bit overpriced.

Midway is ran by a stand up guy. I remember the last 2 banics and Midway was one of the very few vendors that did not price gouge. Yes, they rationed the ammo through limits but kept prices reasonable. For that, Midway has me as a long term customer.

Back