What's your go-to shooting supplies website?

Your go-to gun parts/accessories website?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TrueBlue711

While I still support my local gun store(s) when I can, I do the majority of my gun parts, accessories and other shooting supplies shopping online these days. Just curious to see what everybody's "go-to" site is with all of the choices. Heck, I may learn of some sites I'm not aware of!

I would say my go-to is Brownells now. I still shop around at most of them, but Brownells usually has what I'm looking for at one stop and shipping isn't bad. I used to like Midwayusa a lot, but their shipping prices went up and take longer these days. For me at least.

Last edited:
Powder and primer's I get local. HUH, local equals 70mi one way! Get some bullet's, lead molds and cast supply's fro Midway.

Midsouth Shooters Supply

If I happen to need powder that is not locally available, I go to Powder Valley, Inc.

I buy all my powder and primers locally, but most of the rest is bought from Brownells, Grafs or Midsouth. I use these three suppliers the most since they are relatively close to me, so that shipping times are fairly quick.

Its hard to pick between midway and Brownells. I have used sportsman's guide before but they're a little bit cheesy. And I will personally light a $20 bill on fire before giving it to CTD.

Historically it has been Midway. Here lately, Cabellas and Amazon are cheaper on what I have been wanting. Amazon is coming on strong.

I'm confused. The title of the thread says "What's your go to shooting supplies website?" and the poll reads "Your go-to gun parts/accessories website?. My answer is different depending on which you ask.

Just sayin'.

I guess I can't vote. I buy from all of the choices on the list (except Cheaper Than Dirt). I can't say any one of them is my "go to" source. I prefer Brownells for gun parts and gunsmithing tools, but I'll buy from Midway in the unlikely event Brownells doesn't have what I need. I generally buy reloading equipment from Natchez, and factory loaded ammunition from The Sportsmans Guide. I try to buy reloading components from my local range shop, when possible.

I don't think any one of the choices can be a proper "go to" source for everything.

I've been shopping at Midway for almost 30 years... I remember calling in on the phone and giving the 6-digit item numbers to the nice lady over the phone.

I like Midway still, but I shop around a bit. Like one poster mentioned, Amazon is really coming on... I was looking on it the other day and Midway's stuff showed up!

I'm not fond of Midway with prices but they have the best website. I can usually find what I want in less then 5 min.

joed said:
I'm not fond of Midway with prices but they have the best website. I can usually find what I want in less then 5 min.
Interesting.

I have found exactly the opposite. I consider Midway's web site to be virtually unnavigable.

Had an absolutely awful experience with Optics Planet. Said it was in stock when I ordered, and paid. Weeks later it turned out it wasn't in stock, but back ordered and unlikely to be shipped in a reasonable time frame.

I guess the low price was just a come on.

An any rate, I will NEVER do business with those liars again.

About the only thing that I regularly buy now is powder and primers. I get that from Powder Valley.

I do still buy bullet molds and casting/reloading items occasionally and I look for those things in the classifieds on several different forums or craigslist. Matter of fact, I just mailed payment this morning for a new set of Lyman mold handles that I found listed about 4 states away from me. If I cannot find it there, I normally go the manufacturer.

If I need a scope, I will buy a used Leupold or Nikon off craigslist and get the seller to ship it to me.

I have used all of the major mail order houses, and really don't have a particular preference. The voting list is missing Graf's, Midsouth, Natchez, Brownell's and several others...

I'm confused. The title of the thread says "What's your go to shooting supplies website?" and the poll reads "Your go-to gun parts/accessories website?. My answer is different depending on which you ask.

I started out the forum as "gun parts/accessories". Then got to thinking that some sites don't even offer gun parts, so kinda rules them out of the poll. Kinda like you mentioned, it would change the answer. So I generalized it to "shooting supplies". I was able to edit the title of the post, but not sure how to edit the title of the poll itself. Sorry for confusion.

The voting list is missing Graf's, Midsouth, Natchez, Brownell's and several others...
Natchez and Brownells is in the list, but never heard of Graf's or Midsouth. This was another reason for the poll; to learn about sites I've never heard of that may be better than what I'm used to shopping at.

Back