Whats your favorite time? (what position do you carry your CCW rig on your waist)

Depends on which gun and what I'm wearing, but usually:

Bersa MiniFireStorm .45:
-OWB in El Paso pancake-style holster at 3:30.

EAA Windicatior .38spl 2" bbl.:
-OWB in Uncle Mike's pancake-style holster at 3:30 or 4:00
-IWB in Uncle Mike's Inside-the-Pants holster somewhere between 3:00 and 4:00 (which ever feels more comfortable at that particular moment).

Oh yeah, sorry (can't resist either :D): whenever I'm not working my unarmed security job, whenever I'm not sleeping, and whenever/wherever I'm legally allowed to carry. :)

-38SnubFan

6 O' Clock IWB High Noon Holster.

(some of the time I use a paddle holster in the 9 O' Clock area with my smith J-frame (I'm a lefty)

P-90 .45 ) Kydex , 4:00, IWB ( www.predator-holster.com )
very comfortable, almost no movement.
life time warrenty.

or Laptop computer case.

SP-101 ) U.M. IWB, nylon, thumbstrap, 4:00,

would really like to try a cross draw type snap on, for when I am driving. would like to see input for those
utilize this type of holster.

I carry my Glock 26 IWB at 3:00 - 3:30 without a holster (I usually wear a belt to keep it tight).

If also have an Uncle Mike's Kydex Holster for the Glock whick I wear at 3:00 as well.

I think coming straight up out of the holster without having to swivel the gun allows for quicker target acquisition and you end up pointing the gun at less bystanders. It is also harder for someone to prevent you from drawing as opposed to shoulder holsters and SOB holsters. SOB holsters are uncomfortable as heck when yo have to sit. Just my $.02 worth. :D

:D right handed.

Regular everyday wear, 12:30 (Thunderwear)
Long trips in car, reg in the waist holster 4:00. moves to 1:00 for better concealment
when leaving car
Open carry at home 9:00 cross draw. Its a stretch but I find it most comfortable :D

Last edited:
OK, mine's changed. I still use the Small of Back Galco holster, but I brought it around to about 2-3:00. It cants VERY far forward, but conceals very, very well next to my overabundant midsection. With the extreme angle of the holster, the end of the grips point about straight up, leaving nothing to poke through even a T-shirt. Drawing difficulty at that angle is no worse than reaching behind my back as before. This could work.

Back