What's your favorite pocket gun? Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you carry a 357 revolver, you should carry a 357 Deringer. That way if you need to reload the pistol under duress, you can use your revolver reload for you back-up pistol.

Okay okay eveybody get a big smile on your face and be ready to laugh.

My favorite pocket gun, is my Beretta .22 long rifle tip up barrel with 7 rounds. Stop laughing and I will tell you why.

First a pocket gun should fit in my pocket. Either my jeans, or jacket with comfort and ease of retrival.

Second, I dont need a .44 magnum canon. I am not planning on shooting at olympic ranges.

Third, I would rather have a gun that I WILL carry (no matter the caliber) than a BIG gun that I will leave at home. A gun that is with me is worth more than my 357 magnum that is on my second shelf of my gun safe.

Forth, this little Beretta is comfortable to shoot and I can get of a second shot without much barrel blast.

Well there is my perfect pocket gun, that will fit in all my pockets and fits the bill when it comes to concealed carry.

Judge Blackhawk

Pilgrim...might you be talking about the North American Arms .22? I think they make a version that the grip is actually the holster and the gun swings out. I think they also have one mounted in a belt buckle.

Speaking of trying not to laugh...I inherited a gaggle of .25 autos. Three are Ravens which are good for practicing your smith skills on, one of them is an older model made by Tanfoglio. It looks like a baby Beretta 92. Just for laughs, I took it out and pumped a couple of boxes of ammo through it without a problem. Another is a Sterling Arms .25 auto that is as reliable as the Tanfoglio, and is pretty stout. Go figure...

I'll keep the last two around for backups...one in each vehicle, etc.

Just looked at the NAA website, and that wasn't it.

The search continues ...

What about the Downsizer WSP ... any experience out there?

------------------
"God grants liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it." Daniel Webster

Unless the LORD watches over the city, the watchmen stand guard in vain. Psalm 127:1

My Dad has a Beretta mod 21 in .22LR, and I have to say that I would rather carry a cap gun. Not anything against .22LR, but this thing jammed on everything except CCI Stingers. I hope this is ot the norm for this Beretta model. They (Berretta) make some of the finest weapons in the world.

My personal choice in this shindig is the Bersa Series 95, nickle finish. I had the opportunity to fire the other contenders in this field, and I came to this conclusion. You can spend upto $500.00+ on a gun about the same size, capacity and performance (SIG 230, 232). Or you can spend $400.00 on a gun that is a little smaller with the same capacity, but bites the hell out of the web of your hand every darn time you pull the trigger, and the dumb thing has a horrible trigger to boot (Walter PPK, PPK/s).

I selected the Bersa not because of name recognition, or aloof reputation, but because it fits my hand just as well as the SIG 230/232, has a soooooth trigger pull, and is accurate and reliable. Something that can't be said for the PPK or PPK/s without $200.00 to $300.00 of work. And if that ain't enough, I only spent $225.00 for the little thing.

Check Bersa out, you won't be disappointed.

------------------
"By His stripes we are healed..."

PeterGunn

My favorite is a Ruger SP101 in .357 magnum. I keep it in a pocket holster from Kramer Leather. Why? Because I put all 50 shots into one ragged hole, center mass, when I qualified for my CHL, because I don't have to worry about magazines, safeties, cocked & locked, switching from double-action to single-action trigger pull - just draw, aim, pull the trigger. It ain't gonna break.

My all-time favorite small gun is a P-10 Grendel. Go ahead and laugh, but it's got (10) rounds of .380 in a tight little package. You can still find used ones for about $100 bucks.

------------------
Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God. Matthew 5:9

Sierra,

I waited around 6 weeks for my order. I paid $90 plus shipping for the black model. It is pricey, but the quality, finish and workmanship is first class. It is quite comfortable carrying my P11 in it and it conceals well. The holster keeps its shape when the gun is drawn so that reholstering is facilitated.

You can check it out here:

http://www.mitchrosen.com/product_line/product_line.html

Axel

I have been really impressed with the CZ 50 I picked up for under $100 value in trade.I had M.D. Labs make me an in the pants holster for it, and I forget it's there!The self loaded hollow points in it will do the job in a pinch.I have only taken it out a few times and can manage 2-3" groups at 15-20 feet.
If you haven't got much money and you need something small,reliable,and surprisingly accurate check out the CZ 50.The CZ 70 is almost identical in form and function as well.

------------------
David
www.tactec.net

Mine is a Glock 26, with 10 Federal PDHP's in it. I use a Galco pocket holster. With-out the Pearce Grip Extender. It has been very comfortable to wear, with almost every style of slack/jeans I own.

Since 2 days ago, a KelTec P32--this gun is great --light powerfull. I broke in using Blazer ammo--200 with no problemo. I carry Glasers now--want to get Magsafes--cant find. I use a Galco Wal200 holster and belt clip. Before I tried---AMT Backup--great gun--but a brick-- Grendel P10--bad gun--Sundance BOA--ok gun---Baby Browning--joy to carry--but pain to grip and single action--Intratec Protec25--my P32 training gun--it has the same dimensions--great gun--never failed--but 25---and I still use a SIGMA 380 with Glasers--for cold weater in an Action Direct--knockoff of a Deep Cover--used fake beeper from Pager Pal instead of belt clip and works great so far. For heavier use--I have Glock 19----hope this helps---ps--always bring a knife to a gunfight as well.

You guys are lucky. You get to carry any caliber you want. Where i live, you have to have a license for every gun you own. These are not always easy to come by and you need to be a dealer (most of the time) to get anything over .32.

Therefore, the sig 232, stainless and alloy is my favourite. I have a .380 and love it. Tried smaller. The Beretta Tomcat is just too difficult to shoot. Its the worst trigger I've ever had the pleasure of pulling. The first stage is a mile long, but it is light small and highly concealable.

Try the sig!

My favorite small revolver:
Ruger SP101 in .357.
My favorite small pistol:
Makarov in 9x18.

What is good about them? They are both
small and totally reliable.

Greetings, all. My favorite pocket gun is my S&W M042 (airweight).38 Spec. It carries so easily as the weight is "forward" and the thing doesn't try to upend in my pocket. Also, while no powerhouse, it is at least a respectible defense caliber that I can place some faith in. Best to all.

I never thought I would say it, but the Keltec P32 is OUTSTANDING! I sold my Guardian after I fired the Keltec. Of course, I carry my Colt Officer's stainless when I can, but when I can't, I know the little Keltec will hit whatever I point at. I ordered the optional belt clip for it, but it is on backorder... I would like to hear any other Keltec P32 opinions... John

two favorites

H&K 4 in .380 &
S&W 650 in .22 mag.
unfortunately, neither of these guns are currently on the market.
the 650 is is a 3" heavy barreled J-frame revolver that has both .22 LR and .22 Mag cylinders.
A great little piece.

the H&K 4 was made to shoot .22, .25, .32, and .380. I only have the .22 conversion, which doesn't work too well, but in .380, it's a charmer.

For me, as far as "backup guns" or "pocket guns" go it is always a decision between my:

KelTec P-11 9mm with 12+1 rounds of +p 9mm,

or, my

S&W Titanium-Airweight J-Frame revolver (model 342 I believe it is) with 5 rounds of +p .38 special and a Bianchi speed strip with 6 more rounds.

They both have belt/clothing clips on them. The KelTec has the factory belt clip on it and the S&W Ti-Airweight snubbie has the "Clipdraw" on it. I usually clip them in my elastic waistband when I have sweat pants on and such, or throw them in a pocket, always in the same general location on my person.

The Kel Tec 9mm is a hair heavier than the titanium revolver, but with much more firepower. With the polymer frame, it does stay in the pocket or waistband very well because the weight is high and "forward" due to the heavier metal slide and barrel. I do have problems with rust. I use Tuff Cloth, but wish I had the stainless version.

The S&W Ti-Airweight is lighter, albeit much less powerful. BUT, it is super-reliable. That is a big bonus. My KelTec has always been reliable at the range, but in an up-close and personal encounter, things go wrong that don't go wrong at the range.

So, even though it is less powerful and holds less ammo, I end up carrying the S&W Ti-Airweight most often because it is really really lightweght, rustproof, foolprrof, just about jam-proof, and just so darn convenient.
It is not like 5 rounds of +P .38 is too bad, but I do try to keep it as my backup to a more powerful primary weapon when possible.

I have to say, I LOVE (!!!!) my titanium snubbie, and it grows on me all the time! It is so easy to carry, easy to take care of, easy to use, and so darn reliable. I am really into hi-capacity and powerful cartridges, but this gun is just so darn easy to carry, I have it ALL the time. I refuse to allow myself to fall into the trap of carrying such an underpowered gun as a primary, but there are a few times that it is the only gun I have on me, when I just can't carry something bigger.

Unlike many people, I have had to draw and fire my gun to save my life, and I know that you never have a big enough gun when you need it. So, I strive to carry the biggest, meanest gun I can at all times. The snubbie is the ultimate fallback, right before my knife, and my bare hands and teeth.

Ruger SP-101 because it's small and powerful and reliable. I use Trausch aftermarket grips from Paris France. I absolutely love the combo for off duty carry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back