What's your favorite Kimber?

BUTCH48

I currently carry a Blued Ultra Carry and it's by far my favorite pistol. I'm considering buying a full sized Kimber. What's your favorite?

I only have one Kimber, so my opinion can't be taken for much, but I do LOVE it! I've got the Classic Gold Match. I rented several Kimbers before buying, and found that I was just more consistently accurate with the Gold Match. That made it worth the extra money for me.

I am told that the adjustable sights are not very high quality, that they will break on me. In fact, a buddy of mine wanted me to buy a BoMar right away. I decided to wait until my crappy sights broke. I now have about 1,500 rounds through the gun and the sights are still just fine. When they break, I'll get the BoMar then.

There's nothing like the trigger pull on that Gold Match... Ahhh!

Don't own a Kimber, but have had a good number of them in my possession for custom load development.
All of them were excellent; I prefer the full-size metal 1911-looking type.

Stainless Gold Match.

I have about 17000 through it, and it's still very accurate and reliable.

Casey

The one I just bought, a black oxide classic custom with Mepro night sights. Seriously though, I took it in exchange for a defective rifle so it was all I could wrangle a deal on. If I had my choice I really like the CDPs with the melted edges.

Here's a little side question, who makes the best mags for these, since I only got one with the gun?

i have a custom classic target model that has been a wonderful pistol. i'll probably be buying more kimbers (like perhaps a ultra carry cdp).

Rivrrat: i have bought stainless kimber mags directly from kimber over the internet. they are very cheap & work perfectly for me.

Custom Classic that I'm having customized. I can't wait to get it back from the gunsmith, it's been so long.

JJCII

[Edited by JJCII on 01-28-2001 at 03:21 AM]

A: The used Classic Custom someone traded in to upgrade to a prettier gun.

The real Kimber bargains take place at the base-model level as most of the internals for all models are identical. Get Good nite sites, apply skateboard tape, liberally use the file/dremel with cold blue, perhaps an S&A- and now you've got a heck of a tool.

Custom Carry Combat Carry Model with Night sights, 30LPI checkering on front strap. It's a great CCW pistol.

Wilson stainless mags are the best and are the way to go if you want the best.

7th

I'd have to say my stainless Gold Match. It's far more accurate than I am. And it really is a beautiful pistol.

I wonder what a comparable polished and bead-blasted "pretty boy" would cost from Wilson? Any ideas?

Dick

Back