What's Your Favorite Everyday Knife?

Large Sebenza. It's ruined me for all other folders.

cr-sebenza.jpg

Some of you have expensive taste in knives, Emerson Commanders, Mad Dog's, Busse's..... whoa.

Ok well I guess I am kinda part of the club, I carry an Emerson Commander every day, since I got it in october.
Its a tank of a folder, non of the quality control problems with it that I have heard whined about on other commanders.
Satin finished blade, partially serrated. I love it.
Only thing that might ever replace it in my pocket is a plain edge ES1-M, which is the 4+ inch blade version that is custom made by Ernest Emerson.

If I carry a fixed blade its a Sog Seal Pup, in an IWB sheath. Nice tough working knife, that should hold up if it was ever needed for more serious matters.
Once I have the money I will probably be replacing that with either a Mad Dog, or a custom fighter by Jay Fisher of Magdalena New Mexico.

Not bad for a 15 year old eh?

My everday carry knife is a large Benchmade AFCK plain edge, satin blade. I am looking forward to buying the new release of the Griptilian by Benchmade. Looks like it will be a good buy since it will have the axis lock.
Sling Shot

I carry a Small Sebenza every day. There are very few things that the average guy can own and use on a daily basis that are the best. I think the small Sebbie is just that. At under 3" in blade length is can fly with me. It is solid. I have total confidence in this knife. It is always clipped to my right front pocket.

If I could only own 1 knife it would be the Small Sebenza. If I could only own 2 knives I would buy a spare.

I own the small in the Plain Right hand model, the plain left hand model, the tanto model, and the LDC Customized Model with a bit of a false edge and a computer generated graphic model. I believe I will own a wood inlay model by the end of the year. I will carry it. I will use it. When necessary I can send it back to Chris in Idaho and have it cleaned up for next to nothing.

The best $300 or so you will EVER spend.

I cary a Victorinox Classic Swiss army knife (the smallest one they make) and a Benchmade Mel Pardue designed 350. I have been carying this combo for over two years now. Very useful knives.

AT WORK, I CARRY A BENCHMADE 710 IN THE CARGO POCKET OF MY PANTS, AND A CRKT KISS IN THE TRAUMA PLATE POUCH ON MY VEST, WHEN I AM NOT WORKING,SOMETIMES THE 710 BUT USUALLY NO KNIFE AT ALL.

My Gerber multi-tool is my everyday knife and a whole lot more. I think the one I have is a sporter model in brushed stainless with the lockable accessories(the wife gave it to me for valentines day). The police never question it because it is a multi tool. The whole thing could be used very effectively in my hand if I needed it to defend myself. It comes in handly too many times to count. I up graded from a swiss army knife that I had always carried on me since I was a very young man.

Spyderco Native, front left pocket.

Carried a Solitaire Crosslock for about two years, but I don't trust traditional liner-style locks.

I've also carried a Cold Steel Voyager. Should've held onto it, as well, though it's a bit big to explain easily at the office. My Spyderco does get used there, though...

Carried a Gerber EZOut for a few years. Now I carry a CRKT M16-13Z. I cannot say enough about this knife. I'd rather have it than some of the $100+ knives I've handled. And with the Carson flipper it is beyond fast. I think they have a carbon fiber version with the carson flipper now, too.

A really cheap $5 made in China folder. Got it a a gun show. Its my work knive. If I lose it, break it, or whatever who cares its only a $5 knive.
My Spyderco Spydercard goes everywhere with me.

Depends on what I grab out of the basket. I keep two baskets by my front door. One has sharp knives in it the other the dull ones for resharpening. I just start putting a knife in each pocket of my pants until they all have one before I leave the house. I've just accumulated a lot of sharp pointy things in the last several years. It is a shame for them just to be lonesome in the safe.

Examples:

Spyderco delica,endura, Terzola, cricket, police
REKAT Pioneer DP, Carnivor, Carnivor Cub
SAK Climber, Tinker
Crawford Carnivore, Point Guard
Carson Md.4, M-16
BM CQC-7, Mel Pardue, Ascent
Klotzi SF/CF
Case trapper
CRKT TiTac, M-16, Casper
MOD Trident, Wasp

Just a short list,

Cheers,

TS

CRKT M16-13Z, with the spear point. I prefer the Tanto blade, but this particular knife is very slick and carries and opens well.

Frosty
MOLON LABE

Back