• Remington

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Winchester

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Other

Votes: 14 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Another vote for Federal Automatch in the 325ct boxes.

Back during the Great Obama Ammo Frenzy, I bought any .22lr that I came across that wasn't "astronomical" in price. After a few years of that, I had about 40 different ammo's laying around in quantities varying from 50 to 5000. Of course, each ammo shoots differently, and I got tired of re-zeroing or re-learning where each one shot with each different gun I had.

So... I consolidated. I traded away all the .22lr I had over the course of a few months and now I only buy:

1: Federal Automatch (for all my semi-autos)
2: CCI Quiet (for training new shooters)
3: CCI SV (for precision practice in my bolt-gun)
4: CCI Velociter (for when I need it)

Trust me, consolidate down to just a few types that work for you and stock up on those.

Also... I cannot say enough about how awesome it is to teach new shooters with those Quiets. It's a whole new ballgame without ear-pro and no recoil.
I'm with you on that, I looked at all the .22 and different brands/loads I have and said, "I need to cut down."

I cut it down to 6, maybe 7 (depending on how Winchester Super X Hyper Speed shoots in my guns) different kinds.

1. CCI SV- cheapest accurate ammo that's the most common/easy to find
2. CCI Velocitor- best business .22 LR available
3. CCI Stinger- handgun self defense
4. CCI Quiet- great for revolvers and non-semi auto's. Quiet (go figure) too.
5. Aguila SSS- excellent penetration, low noise, and seems to be accurate in my rifles
6. Winchester 555 bulk- cheap hollow point
7. Winchester Hyper Speed- cheaper than Velocitor, but dunno about accuracy, need to test more.

I've been sticking to this, but if there are killer sales for .22 ammo that's not on this list, I'd get it, but only for plinking.

I avoid bulk ammo, .22lr is just too cheap to be splitting hairs over. The only ammo I buy now are CCI mini mags in 40 grain round nose, it runs well in everything I own.

I've had phenomenal success with Aguila Hyper Velocity. The Federal auto match rounds never had enough power to cycle my semi auto pistols reliably, but the Aguila does great.

My CZ 455 also really likes it.

Just not Remington.

I shoot a lot of 22LR. I have about 2k rounds of Remington Thunderbolt and unless I get desperate those are the last Remington 22LR I'll shoot. I have far more FTF with Remington than with other brands and when I shoot Remington my gun goes . . . BANG, BANG, BANG, pop, BANG, BANG, pop . . . etc. Some of the rounds are clearly underloaded.

Life is good.
Prof Young

Back