What's your favorite AR-15 rife under $2000?

Favorite AR

Mine is the one I built for my son.
He wanted an upper to shoot .30 Carbine.
I built one for him and it shoots fantastic.
.308 1 in 10 barrel blank.
Uses standard 5.56x45 bcg and magazines.
Very reliable and fun.

Mine is the one I built for my son.

He wanted an upper to shoot .30 Carbine.

I built one for him and it shoots fantastic.

.308 1 in 10 barrel blank.

Uses standard 5.56x45 bcg and magazines.

Very reliable and fun.
That's cool. I handload .30 carbine. Bullet choice is rather limited, because of headspacing by brass mouth and short coal. On AR platform, coal limitation can be relaxed?

-TL

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

My son LOVES his PSA Freedom series AR15. The only changes we made were adding a SIG ROMEO5 red dot, a CMG drop in single stage trigger he HAD to have, and Mr. I-Hate-Recoil needed a muzzle brake. For .223. Yeah, I know. Well, he loves it. Total cost is still well under $800 all told.

dGyxE1i.jpg

It really likes the 110 grain spitzer
Now that's an advancement. I could only load with certain kind of round nose on m1 carbine. It is tempting, but I would settle with bottle-neck cartridge instead, for it's even more flexibility, .300BO for instance.

-TL

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Sig Sauer M-400 for me.
It has a few unique features I like and mine have been flawless.
My son has a DD 300BO pistol, very nice gun. He bought it very lightly used as a.7.5” 556 and later found a 7.5” 300 barrel. Turned it from an obnoxious little beast to a sweet shooting AR pistol with a single point sling. He’s waiting for his approval for the suppressor he bought.

The easy button with a $2000 budget: get a Colt 6920 OEM, add furniture of your choice, mount an Aimpoint PRO or Duty, buy a bunch of 30 round magazines and a case of ammo. Done.

Want more money left for ammo out of the $2000? Buy a S&W M&P Sport, mount an Aimpoint, buy magazines and use what's left for ammo.

Don't overthink it. As much as we love to talk about the differences and what the "best" is while online or at the gunshops or the range with our friends, at the end of the day, with most people's shooting skills and how much they actually shoot, the differences don't matter. This applies to AR carbines, polymer 9mm service pistols, bicycles, motorcycles, and many, many other things. Just get the one you like and can afford and make the effort to get good at using it.

Lol. Reminds me of a guy showing me his bug out vest and the multiple 30 and 20 rounds mags it held. I think it weighed 70 lbs. I will probably be incapacitated by wounds or dead before I get through a second mag.

At the risk of getting this thread closed and posts deleted by going off-topic, I've long noticed a distinct lack of "survival" stuff when people post their "BUG OUT" kits. No food, water filtration/sterilization, shelter, etc. Seventy pounds of ammo and body armor isn't very helpful when you've picked up a stomach bug and don't have a way to stay warm overnight.

Also, even only 30 pounds of loaded AR magazines must be what, 1000 rounds? The last time I ordered 500 rounds of 5.56mm it listed a shipping weight of 14 pounds.

Has been awhile since buying a AR-15, but am very pleased with the Rock Rivers owned. All the ones (5.56 and 7.62) owned with free floating handguards are very accurate.

If you don’t intend on selling the gun, I am of the group that says to assemble the AR of your dreams from purchased parts and have a bunch of money left over.

Areas to sink your money:
Barrel
Bolt
Trigger

Everything thing else is pretty much deciding on appearance.

Match the AR to your intended purposes.

I went from wide open spaces to living in a dense forest, subsequently, I’ve shortened many of my ARs.

Back