what's your favorite and why

Smith & Wesson Model 19.

Simply the very best combination of balance, power, portability, charm, and beauty ever put into a single revolver.

Dan Wesson 744 with both 4" and 8" barrels
Short barrel for carrying in the woods, camping, hiking, etc
Long barrel for looooong range target and hunting

my first thought was my python too...because it was my constant companion for so many years on patrol and after that on the competition line. it has paid for itself in "whose is more accurate" side bets

but the gun that has served me most in teaching, converting and recreation has to be my favorite:

my 4" blued colt .22 diamondback:cool:

S&W 627 V-Comp. Eight rounds of .357mag., amazingly accurate and with it's new Altamount Rosewood grips,the most beautiful gun I own.
Ronin

Colt Detective Special, hard chrome finish, factory tuned. Squeezing the trigger is like a hot knife through butter. Man, can't get any better than that!:D

At last count....

I have four K-frames, an L frame, an N frame (44 Special), and a 1917 S&W. Along with a Dakota SA in .44 WCF and a Ruger Blackhawk .357 Magnum.

And I'll be danged if I can pick a favorite!

Maybe the .44 Special. Maybe. It's like picking a favorite hand.

Taurus Tracker with 6 1/2" bbl in stainless, good solid gun shoots anything 38, jhp 357 hot handloads and lead. keeps them all in the same 6" circle @22 yds. it points nicely and has a nice muzzle heavy feel like the old pythons, the trigger has a nice pull, almost a two stage pull back to cock and place in battery than a nice let off to fire. I can hold it near the break point for a long time while dry firing. The Ribber handle does not slip and fits a multitude of hands. My 12 year old son would rather shoot it than any other gun in the house.

Model 25-5 Smith, .45 Colt, 6 inch barrel. This revolver has been round butted, hard chromed, all the sharp edges melted, charge holes chamfered, Trijicon sights installed, action job, new springs, custom wood grips, and an extra cylinder fitted in .45ACP. Very accurate, fun to shoot, and totally reliable. With determination and proper clothes, it is concealable even here in Miami.

'N' frame S&W.

Got two:
My dad's .38-44 Outdoorsman, new in '32.
A later ('80's) 25-5 in .45 Long :p Colt.
Both a joy to shoot.
Tom

Now that I got the SA down to 2 1/4 pounds my
3 inch S&W 629PC V-Comp is a winner. The site picture, balance and stlye are superb. IT'S ALSO
EXTREMELY accurate, less than 4" off a bag at
50 yards.Best....dewey

It has to be my new .480 Ruger Super Redhawk . I like to throw a lot of lead downrange and it is accurate enough for me to carry in the Cascades and surprise a big Grizzlie if I had too...:D

Tough question..... It depends on the intended use. It's kinda like asking what your favorite "tool" is! :-)

I have a Python, some OLD pre - "Bend Over" Sniffle and Whine 's, and as weird as this may sound...... if I had to give up all wheel guns except one, it would be a OLD Ruger Stainless Speed Six 2 3/4 inch, with a factory spurless hammer. The action is smooth from years of shooting, it looks terrible, but I went a lot of miles with it, without fail.......

If two - the Python stays

If three - a real old model 18

If I had to pick one handgun period..... it wouldn't be a wheel gun.

My favorite is gone. It was a 2 3/4" s/s Ruger Service Six that I rounded the butt, bobbed the hammer, and rendered DAO. I qualified with it as an off duty gun years ago at 92% of 300. But then some dirtbag stole it. :mad:

Maybe I'll find another one. It was the perfect balance of power, accuracy, and concealability for me.

Back