what's your favorite and why

bullfrog99

what wheelgun is your favorite and why. Mine is a smith model 18 combat masterpiece k-22 because it is extremely accurate and reliable, and it looks good too.

686+ with 6" barrel

Very accurate, extremely mild recoil with .38 spl/.38 spl +p, moderate recoil with .357 magnums. Very fun to shoot, great triggers in both DA and SA, good sights. My only complaint is the factory grip...I hate finger grooves because they never fit my hand correctly. I prefer grips without finger grooves.

Smith & Wesson 610 Classic 6.5". Accurate as all get-out, nice trigger and built like a tank. And full moon clips are the greatest thing since sliced bread. :D

Colt Python. There is no other.

My vote goes to the Colt Python. There is no equal. I always laugh when I read articles in the gunrags that claim Pythons need lockwork repair after a healthy digest of full-house magnums. Those idiots actually get paid to write that stuff?

In my opinion, there's Colt Pythons and then there's those OTHER revolvers.

Inspector Callahan: whats the deal, dont you know you are supposed to be toting a S&W 29 44 mag (it can blow your head clean off you know)?

I am glad to see you have reformed yourself, I will second the PYTHON.

However it is CLOSELY followed by S&W 625 !!

My favorite is still the *&* Model 19 RB with the 4" barrel. Nothing quite balances and points like that gun, not even my new (pre-owned) *&* Performance Center PC-13. As a fighting handgun, it ranks right up there with the 1911 as a classic.

S&W Model 66, 6 inch barrel, target stocks, target trigger and target hammer. This is my most accurate centerfire handgun.

I purchased this one approx. 12 years ago. The new ones have metal injection molded parts and a frame mounted firing pin.

I hear that the new S&W revolvers do not have good trigger pulls like the older S&W's do.

If I were looking for one today, I would try to find an older S&W .357 Magnum revolver, and test-fire it before buying it.

-Mk.IV

Stainless Ruger Vaquero in 357 Magnum. It's the perfect balance of durability and style at a reasonable price and on top of it, it is chambered in the perfect cartridge.

SAA clone

SAA clone from germany with 7 1/2 " barrel for .357 mag, it's the most accurate of all handgun I have, trigger feel is sooooo good,

Smith N'Wesson 686 (six shot) w/6" barrel,

very accurate with my LSWC handloads in .38
Special. Not to mention the qualities of the
stainless steel construction.

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, Life Member N.R.A.

Favorite for what purpose ?

Target would be the K 22, K38

Long range boomin 6" model 19

CCW 2½" Round butt 19 and 3" 36

Moose on porch 4" 29

Stick in cummerbund at formal I frame .32 Hand Ejector

Just havin fun.......any of em.

Sam

I'd have to say my K22 masterpiece. My dad bought it new in 1950 and left it to me. My father and I had a lot of fun plinking with that gun on the weekends.

A close second would be my .357 registered magnum.:D

Randy

Ruger .357 (& 9mm) Blackhawk with 4 5/8" barrel, a really great trigger job and Ajax Ivory Polymer grips. :) Dennis

S&W Model 651 Kit Gun in .22 MRF, a little more oomph than a .22 LR in the same package. A great woods loafer and small game revolver.

I can't decide if it's my 686 PP or 625-2 model of 1988. Both have great triggers, superb accuracy amd are great to carry in a shoulder holster. Now to get a 610 and it will be a three way tie:D
mac

Which One ?

I'd have to say my most favorite is my 629 8 3/8". It was to me a must have and I got it ;) My second is my 686 2 1/2" I love it !
Then the rest are the model 36's and 37's that I have collected over time. :D
You just can't beat an old Smith :D

Reeder Ruger Bisley 5-shot 45 Colt

My Reeder Ruger because it is the only custom gun I have, gives me enough power from mice to moose, and it is the most accurate handgun I've ever fired. :cool:

Back