whats your Fav mid size 9MM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donald

Inactive
The wife is looking for another gun she has a G19 but wants some thing else to play with she is looking at a H&K P7M8, any other choices?
Thanks

I have a G19, S&W 3913, and HK USP9mmC. I've got some experience with the P7 and I don't really like it, not for me. The USP is ok, the S&W is pretty good too, but of all of them the G19 is definitely my favorite.

------------------
Arizona Morgan, The Official Armchair Warrior

Of all the guns I have ever owned, my P7 is my favorite. Get one and you will never be satisfied with anything less.

Ill go with Morgan on this one
SW3913 and G19 have both love both
the 3913 is easier to hide the 19 is more
firepower both have there place..

I LOVE my Walther P99. I still want an HK P7M8, but I wouldn't trade my Walther for it. I think it is the best looking of the polymer frame guns out there, with the best grip available. You can get basically the same gun in a S&W SW99 for less money, but I like the looks of the P99 better. Some say fit & finish is also better with the German made P99.
Another one I would consider now is the new Steyr model M. It has a very unique safety system, along with a new sight system (triangle/trapezoid system) which Steyr claims leads the eye to the target for quicker, more accurate aiming. The barrel also sits very low in the frame, which reduces felt recoil and muzzle climb. I'm thinking of buying this gun next (if I don't find a S&W 625 w/ a 3in barrel 1st).

Perhaps I am odd man out, but I would cast my vote for the Sig 229, or the Sig 228 in 9mm. Both guns are a resonable compromise between size and capacity. And, of course, you get the well known benefits of a Sig - reliability, functionality and smooth trigger action out of the box...

Donald:

My vote goes for SIG P229...a P225 (if you can find one...think SIG reserves them for LEO sales only now along with the P228) and finally, the P239.

Mike

Take a look at the Beretta M8000 Cougar and the Mini-Cougar. Nice guns, quite accurate due to the rotary barrel mechanism, and they should be tough - Beretta's first .45 ACP is the M8045 Cougar, not a version of thier 92/96 series. Anoka

Hi-Powers are the best, slim and well balanced, father of all Hi-capicity pistols.
I like the cocked and locked carry, very fast
first shots, makes point shooting easy, maybe
its heavy by todays standards, but I'd rather
have a HP than any Glock.

$.02 worth

I really enjoy my SW 6906. I've had it several years, and it's reliable.

------------------
“The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals. ... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of.” -Alexander Addison, 1789

Since she already has a Glock 19 how about the Glock 17?

Same style of gun so she will be firmiler with it and it will just be a little larger and longer sight picture then the 19.

If it's just for target practice how about the Glock 34?

I have the Glock 35 and love it.

I have two favorites: a Glock 17 and a S&W 669 (which is an immediate ancestor of the S&W 6906).

My 669 is the more accurate of the two, but the Glock 17 is easier to shoot well. The Glock is slightly larger and a lot lighter than the S&W 669.

Donald,

Get her a SIG P228! I have one, and I love it. They are getting hard to find as they are manufactured for LEO only, but well worth the money. It's a nice fit for my smaller hands and is great in the accuracy and reliability dept. Also, it's much simpler to field strip than any Glock.

I've shot Brownings, Berettas and Glocks and I like the SIGs best. Never have shot a HK, but I'm sure that would be a great gun. I'd love to have a Mark 23 or any one of their USP.45's!!!!

GOOD LUCK!

------------------
"...What will you do without freedom? Will you fight?... Fight, and you may die, run and you'll live, at least a while. And dying, many years from now, would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that, for just one chance, to tell our enemies, that they may take our lives, but they'll never take our FREEDOM!!!"
-------------------------
je suis prest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back