Whats you 5.56 pick?

Which 5.56 automatice rifle do you prefer, and why?

• M4/M4A1

Votes: 28 33.7%
  • M16A1/2/3/4

Votes: 24 28.9%
  • Hk416

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • Hk G36/C

Votes: 7 8.4%
  • Sig 552/C

Votes: 14 16.9%
  • AUG A1/2

Votes: 8 9.6%
  • L85 A1/2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Galil/all variants

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Klashnikov in 5.56

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • Ruger AC556

Votes: 6 7.2%

• Total voters
I have a Ruger AC556 13" in a SCAR CQB (sage) stock.

I absolutely love shooting this gun. If I could have a chrome lined heavy barrel for it, I'd love it that much more. I personally like it better than an M16. I would rather have my FNC converted to full-auto, but only if I could find enough spare parts for it. Until then, I'm not interested in owning something that can turn to junk as soon as one part breaks.

Ruger AC556:

0001ltr9.jpg

If they're good enough for the A-Team, then by God, they're good enough for me!

Well I'm a little embarassed to say the only one of those rifles I've even shot is an AR-15 (not even an M4 like on the poll). So I'd hafta say the M4 just cus it's what I know, ya know? :o

Just saying - - -

dchi said:
Why did you ask the question with most of these being machineguns? Most of these you can't buy as they post 86. Did you mean which is the best in semi auto?
No offense intended, dchi, but it's probably worth noting that Member Firepower! DID post his poll in the NFA Guns and Gear forum. From having read his posts in the past, I'd bet he fully intended that the discussion center around full-automatic 5.56 weapons.

My choice: Handy as the M4 and shorty carbines are, I do a lot better work with the M16. I don't shoot the AC556 nearly so well. This is probably because of my long association with the AR15-series gun.

Best
Johnny

Back