What's wrong with this picture?

I'll tell you something else wrong with that picture. The knife is a 152OT - Schrade Sharpfinger. They started producing the 152OT in 1973.

I fired the M-2 HB with infrared. You got one shot and the whole screen did a white out. Took a while for the screen to come back to normal. I was driving an APC with infrared periscopes and watching a guy out in front of me with a cigarette in his hand. I could barely make him out until he took a drag, then a very large area lit up. Miserable equipment to work with. I doubt the military uses any infrared anymore.

T O'Heir,

Your statement brought me to a shocking revelation.

I actually have an impressive and fairly extensive private library for an average person. But I realized that I don't have one book related to firearms. I have books that relate to my profession and I have books on almost anything that interest me. I have fiction as well as no fiction. My wife has a good collection too.

Not really sure why I don't have gun books, I should Change that.

Not really sure why I don't have gun books, I should change that.

Might be a good topic for the General section. "What gun books should a gun guy have?"

If you open it I'll contribute. ('If you build it they will...)

"What gun books should a gun guy have?"

That would be a very long list of books: handguns/rifles/shotguns; guns for hunting; guns for target shooting; guns for self-defense; primitive guns; historical guns; reloading; gunsmith/disassembly gun books; guns for collectors; military guns; books on ballistics, etc., etc. I'm glad I started accumulating/collecting books on guns and related subjects a very long time ago. That said, if you have even a passing interest in firearms, assembling a basic set of reference books is always a good idea.

dgludwig said: Maybe it's the angle of the photo (or the angle of my eyes ), but the trigger guard appears to have the shape of a Remington.

That is what jumped out at me but thought maybe it's a small gunmaker's combination of features or a mod that I'm not aware of. :confused:

Back