Whats up With CZ!?

I have shot some and they are awesome, that is why I am waiting...I did go ahead and order 2 hi-cap magazines just in case it doesn't show up before July. I am in no hurry as long as it gets here eventually! I am thinking about getting the Kadet kit for it also. Anybody have experience with it? I hear its pretty good.

Yea that "CZ P09" seems like it would be worth the wait! I guess you just have to be in the right place at the right time!:)

MidwayUSA has these in stock right now: Mec-Gar Optimum Magazine with Base Pad CZ 75 9mm Luger 19-Round Steel Anti-Friction Black
$32.99 each

I was at Gander Mountain yesterday. They had a steel CZ75B 45 blued slide/frame that was beautiful! I was very tempted.....

I am still having issues finding 2 CZ 85 combats. Anybody else out there having the same issues? Or know of where I can find a pair?

Thanks!

You might consider one of the CZ clones. I've shot and handled the Tristar/Canik S-120 (comparable model to CZ 75B) a few times and was favorably impressed. Certainly I'd rather have the genuine CZ, but as everyone has pointed out, they seem to be few and far between. I've seen one CZ in the last year out of all the local gun stores.:confused:

I suggest patience. Good things will come of it. Cancelling and settling for a lesser item is only going to lead to greater disappointment with every miss and jam.

Stay the course, amigo, you will be rewarded with excellent pistols. Problem is availability, like I said in April - the guns are being flown in, barely touching down in the warehouse before heading out the door again. Hang in there!

Thanks guys I appreciate the encouragement! Hell I need it at this point. I just want my damn gun!!!! My FFL dealer keeps saying they are "on hold" is this what you all are seeing out there?

Yes. CZ firearms have become red hot, and their stay on the warehouse shelves can be measured in moments before being sold. Hang in there!

I have a two tone 85 combat that I bought about a year and a half ago.
Decided it is two big for concealed carry, might as well carry a full size 1911.
So I bought a PCR for that intended purchase.
Cost me $675 with tax and then I bought extra magazines. Hated the grips so I bought some checkered Coco-bolo grips for it. All together I've got about $800 bucks into it. Now I have the hot's for a Colt combat commander. Make me an offer. Her name is Ivanka.

Last edited:
I guess it's kind of hard to fathom, but I guess some people still don't realize that over the last months, since the December shootings at Sandy Hook and the subsequent drumbeating for new, restrictive, gun laws, that there has been a MASSIVE run on firearms and ammunition of all types.

Let me emphasize that...

A MASSIVE run.

CZ is most likely the same as every other manufacturer -- they were caught totally unprepared for the suddenness of the latest panic rush and it's taking the a long time to catch up.

Keep waiting.

Your patience will eventually be rewarded.

Yes, and every new piece of hysterical news, ( like the Friday signing of the Un Treaty by SecState Kerry), brings the panic to full force again.

Took me months to find a Kahr CM9. About 2 months ago I had almost given up when I mentioned it to a LGS guy and he said let me see if the distributor has one. They had five, so I ordered it. For giggles he looked again after the order was placed, and the rest were gone! Poof. It is not just CZ's.

I got lucky I order a CZ pcr 6mo.ago I was told it could be 6mo to a year.
I got lucky My FFL kept on it and I had one a week latter.
That is not the way my luck normally goes.

Was at the range/shop today and they had, surprisingly, TWO 75Bs, one nickel and one stainless steel. I believe the nickel was about $720 and the stainless was just under $700. I'm set for now with my shadows and pcr (and I just picked up a Smith 28-2 and a XDm 45 3.8 :eek:), so I'm informing everyone here!

LGS is Targetmaster in Chadds Ford, PA.

I got really lucky about a month ago. I went down to my old LGS, about 40 miles from where I live, and found a NIB CZ 75B Compact 9mm and got it for $450. I had been wanting one for a long time, but could not find one. Finally found one, and for a great price. I had it Cerakoted in burnt bronze, added VZ frag grips and Meprolight night sights.

Now I'm on the hunt for a 75B SA 9mm. The same shop searched all of their distributors. Nobody has one in stock right now.

Back