Whats the two favorite hand guns you own???

I thought this would be easy. This is hard, I like so many of them.
I really like my XD's, My Beretta, 1911.

Ok so I better figure what two wont I sell EVER.

That changes things a bit. Because there are some I like but I can replace it with another and be happy.
My two are:
#1 Smith & Wesson Model 14-4
I love this gun. It shoots great, got it for a fair price. Its not going any were.
She is not a safe queen. But I love her all the same.

100_9670_zpsa1d7d9b3.jpg

This next one was a toss up. Between my Single 7 and my SP101 both in 327 magnum.
Winner...

The SP101, Its slightly more useful than the Single 7. But I am not selling that one ether.
Its so hard to actually get a gun in 327 Magnum. When I see one I buy it. No exceptions.

100_9772_zpsixi5trbl.jpg

Favorites are subject to change. How do you think I got so many??

For me, it's easy:

#1) CZ 75 BD- one of the first handguns I ever bought, feels like it was made for me. I won't be getting rid of this gun without a critical emergency.

#2) S&W Model 65-3, 3" barrel, now wearing factory magna grips and a Tyler T grip. Perfect 357 pistol for home defense, concealed carry, or car carry.

I own a few guns I inherited from my Dad, which are ones I plan on keeping forever, but these are my actual favorites...

Ok... favorite? or never sell?

My two favorites have to be 1. my 6" Colt Python,2. my 3 1/2" Smith and Wesson Model 27-2
Never sell, have to be 1. my Uberti 1875 Outlaw with 7 1/2" barrel that I bought about 35 years ago, and 2. My Smith and Wesson 2 1/2" Model 66-2 that I bought about 30 years ago.

And there's a lot more that would make third place!

my edc lcr 38+p and my new to me 44 super red hawk with 9.5 inch barrel really liking the big rugger. they both shoot great in my hand...

I can never pick one or two favorites.

But I do really like a 5" M27 in nickel (have two of them).

standard.jpg

And I have to mention my Colt Government Model I purchased new in 1973. This one has rode the trail with me a long time and together we seen that elephant more than once. Never let me down. Added the S&W sights and ivory stocks in 1975 and in 2012 had it engraved.

standard.jpg

A difficult decision for me, but I guess it’s two of my older guns.

S&W Model 66 with a 2.5” barrel purchased new in the 1990s

Colt Mustang II also purchased new sometime in the 1990s

Neither is shot are carried that much these days, but I guess they both have sentimental value to me.

Wouldn't want to part with ANY of them.
1. Browning High Power-first handgun
2. Colt Trooper .357-first revolver.

My two faves are 6" king cobra stainless. Shoot that thing better than a couple of my rifles. And my S&W model 60 snub nosed 38( love the trigger) and its my 1st wheel gun. As for guns I'd never get rid of that would be colt combat commander in 9mm and the model 60 again.

The first of my two favorites is my custom Colt 1991A1 .38 Super that also has 9mm and 9x23 Winchester barrels fitted to it. It was built by Robin Dietrich of Dietrich Gunsmithy.
afdWKkccf6BUigelHQSn8OH2gIqZXx2Ya_nUMNw7gNg=w1002-h651-no

The other is my Krebs Custom .45ACP S&W M28 'CROWBAR' built in the late '80s by Marc Krebs. A one of a kind revolver if ever there was one.:)
QGr8bsjzLAPesmp_VGEc03JDyusbiwVkfKsNM15aVt8=w1366-h623-no

Last edited:
While I am more fond of the Three Screw Rugers, this New Model Super Blackhawk just fits itself right in first place with me:

But this Three Screw is working itself up also:

And this newly obtained Colt New Frontier .45 is another candidate for favorite:

All of my favorites are Single Actions, so its pretty hard to pick just two!

Bob Wright

Can I ask why the "bob job" on the 22/45? And what trigger is that?

First I love shooting guns with a shorter sight radius for plinking. Amazing on how fast this guns sights get on target and how clear the front sight picture is. This picture is now a little out dated as it now wears a HiViz green front sight with a white outlined rear blade.
Second the challenge of making a reliable short barreled Ruger MKIII 3" gun that doesn't require a muffler to operate. I had to lighten the bolt and trim some preload from the main spring but it's a great shooter.
The trigger as well as the sear, hammer, reset trigger spring, and trigger plunger are Volquartsen. I also replaced the hammer bushing with a Tandemkross magazine disconnect bushing as well as their bolt release mod.
One of the side benefits of the barrel bob was the great balance the gun has over the old 5 1\2" barrel.

Back