What's the most threatening looking revolver?

swd-streetsweeper-ls.jpg

ZORRO: I heard that gun is actually a .41 Magnum because they were unable to obtain a .44 from S&W. Trivia from video "Second Chance versus the Cop Killers." Wonder if it's true...

LET'S MOVE BEYOND THAT!!! I KNOW THE ONE THAT'S POINTED AT ME, I'M ASKING A QUESTION SEPARATE AND ASIDE FROM THAT!

The movie is a little inconsistent. Sometimes his gun's a 6", sometimes 4". How's that for trivia? Go and look, my info is second hand.

For some shots (like the one pictured a few posts back) they used one with an 8 3/8" barrel, even.

Smith & Wesson

Model 27 3 1/2 inch Nickel. #1 . ....dewey..:p

I remembered another intimidating gun:
Years ago there was a Miami Detective who had an old Colt 1917 45 revolver, cut down to a 2" barrel. He loaded it with home-made hollowpoint bullets. He said the hoods got REAL respectuful when he shoved that in their faces.

obxemt:

If you get a Python, get one with 6" barrel and shiny nickel finish.

You want it to be flashy so that it is visible.

EXPERIENCE

I had great results using stainless 4" Security Six.

Now I have 4" stainless GP's.

Also occasionally found wearing 5.5" stainless Redhawk...........but no "brandish" experience with those yet.

Seems everyone understands what exactly they're looking at LOL.

It is the old British Tanter (sp?) in .577 caliber. Thing looks titanic.

I wonder if the big one also convinces the jury that you are nuts.

The maw of the 3"-4" Freedom Arms Alaskan Postal Worker 50AE conversion I saw was certainly very mean looking.

Took an old school(non postable) picture of my stainless 9.5" 44 SRH on a ransom rest loaded with hornady 300gr XTP/HP. Straight dowm the muzzle shot. That would darn near make me wet my my pants.

They're right about being able to see the other loads in the cylinder, that adds substantially to the OH S*** factor.

Back