whats the best 45 in d/a?

automainea

what would be the most re liable,and accurate straight out of the box without modifying anything,not even grips,sights etc.no custom guns,please list best polymer and best metal gun thanks

I nominate:

Best polymer .45 DA: H&K USP 45, compact or full size, take your pick.

Best Metal .45 DA: Para-Ordnance LDA 14-45.

Of course, everything is subject to individual taste, but if you take "best" to mean high quality manufacture, reliability and suitability for defensive purposes, I think these two are strong contenders.

The CZ97B if you want a manual saftey and the abikity to carry cocked and locked. The SIG-Sauer P220 if you don't want these features.

Sig P220

I have owned mine for several years, it is accurate, and box stock. Why haven't I altered it? It works just fine the way it is. Regards, Richard

P220 or H&K USP Compact, whichever you prefer.

H&K has a more durable finish and can be carried cocked-n-locked, but isn't as slim as the P220. The P220 has a smoother DA pull and a SLIGHT edge in accuracy, but the finish is more prone to wear and the decocking and slide release levers are placed differently than most DA autopistols.

In all metal:

Sig 220 (very nice, expensive, single stack magazine, 8 shots)

CZ97B (if the CZ75 was any indication this will be a sweetheart also holds 10 rounds)

Ruger P Series (its bug, ugly and has the ergonomics of a brick in my hand, but it WORKS, its sturdy and has a durable finish, 8 shot mags )

Colt Double Eagle (these don't fit everyone and have a slightly higher barrel axis than a 1911, but it still feels like a 1911 in the hand, 8 shots, discontinued so it may be hard to find)

S&W DA 45's (I don't care for the feel on these big guns, but a used police trade in might be a good bargain)

In Polymer:

HK USP (another big gun, but very reliable, but also expensive and although its a high cap.. magazines are expensive)

Glock 21 (even though its not truly a DA/SA, expensive mags , holds 13 rds and feels twice the size of a model 17 in my hand)

Hands down best, polymer, or metal: Glock 30. :D
You were probably wondering how long it would take us Glock folks to show up!!!!!! ;)

best as in best bang for the buck($) without compromising on accuracy or reliability (as much as i love my sig 220)

1. ruger 97
2. cz 97 (or eaa witness clones)

Depends on what you want it for.

Concealed carry-
Compact - G30 (polymer)
P245 (alloy)
Full Size - G21 (polymer)
P220 (alloy)

Shooting - (both will be full size since, as we all know, size doesn't matter)
H&K Tactical (polymer)
P220 Sport (steel)

Back