Votes: 12 27.9%
  • stock with t-grip

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • exotic wood (specify)

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • other

Votes: 18 41.9%

• Total voters
Just curious what grips are everyone's favorite...I have the PGS hideouts wiht smooth finger grooves for my 60 but wonder if the added recoil of the 442 will be too much and maybe I should go to Hogue bantams...it came with uncle mike's boot grip but the hard checkering bothers my ankle...

Got Hogue Bantam's on an old S&W model 60 .38 Special for
two reasons: 1) I like the feel and comfort of rubber, 2) to
preserve the original S&W walnut grip's that came on it!!!

Regards,
Ala Dan, N.R.A. Life Member

My 940 has Pachmayr Compacs with the little finger cutout. It's the only grip I've found that gives me control during fast and accurate shooting. I use it in Back Up Gun matches, sometimes as a carry piece.

I own 4 J Frames but the Model 60 that I carry the most has rubber Pacymer grips on it. The others have standard S&W cheese grater grips on them.

7th

CTC Lasergrips on my Bodyguard. Boot grips for holstered carry for the remainder (mostly M60s). Except one has a Barami Hip Grip and grip adapter for holsterless carry. I think the Barami Hip Grip and grip adapter would be best on a Centennial.

Last edited:
Checkered Eagle Secret Service Grips on my S&W 640-1 (Ebony) and S&W 34 Kit Gun (Rosewood), standard stocks and a Tyler T-Grip on the Sqr-butt 3" S&W 36.

Tried LOTS of grips on the 640-1 when i first got it to help control the recoil with full magnum loads, and the Eagles were the only ones that ever really made it sit still when i shot it.

Back