Whats next in your collection?

I need a Smith and Wesson Baby Russian ......in 38 S&W.....then an M-1......and a whole truck load of model 29's.....but thats just me....

Let's see, in order of most wanted...

1. Enfield
2. K31
3. 03A3
4. Hakim
5. Mosin

In order it will probably actually arrive due to funds...

1-2. K31 and Mosin, both will be reasonably close together and I don't know which I'll get first. Both very affordable right now.
3. Enfield (fairly affordable)
4. Hakim... ammo is still fairly cheap for hard hitting semi auto fun.
5. The 03A3.
6. (Bonus really want one but don't think I'll ever have one but I'm going to list it anyway, and it would top the wanted list) An original Sharps '74

For what it's worth about good LE #4s, a marksman friend (retired from the Navy M. Team) had never shot with any LE, but he tried mine out. It's my only #4 and cost me $300 at the Batesville, MS show last July.

The friend took a few warm-up shots from 50 yards. Just outside the orange.
His only shot from 100 yards was sitting on the ground, resting his arm on his knee.
The bullet hit the middle of the bullseye.

My next rifle will be an M-1 Garand, during my first visit to the CMP in Anniston AL, this winter or spring,
"come hell or high water". My marksman friend highly recommends the CMP and says that their selection is "a sight to behold".:)

Last edited:
I've got a cheapo Century Arms Mosin; it shoots when I pull the trigger and it came with some cool accessories.

I also have an RC Kar98K that I absolutely love; I haven't seen another one in a store since I bought this one, so maybe those would be a good idea.

I really want an Enfield and/or a K31. I could care less about the Jap guns from WW2.

1) Romanian TTC (Counting down the days until another trip to J&G. 7.62x25 intrigues me)
2) Yugo 24/47 Mauser

not sure after that....... probably more mosin-nagants........ I love 'em :)

Wrothgar:
Though I've not really compared accuracy, if you like the LE #4, you might really like a #5 "Jungle Carbine". The #5's groups at 50 yards are much better than those of both MN 44s, which have shiny bores. My guns only have iron sights.

The #5s are so much handier and portable, even compared to the MN 44 or 38.

An older lady on a Swiss train (in '83) told me that there was a battle between the German Wehrmacht and Swiss Army in the eastern part of her country at the beginning of WW2, and so the K-31 must have seen a little combat.

Last edited:
so i guess everyone here is a military collector. i have some military weapons but the domestic models from winchester, stevens-savage, remington, marlin, springfield, etc are the american collectables still floating around i want more of ;) ;)

Well, I thought it was going to be one of those Romanian TT33s, but this MN M38 popped up and called me. I just couldn't say no.

So now that that's out of my system (for at least a couple of weeks), I guess it's still a Romanian TT33.

I have been looking into getting me a Krag-Jorgensen Model 1898 bolt action rifle, chambered for the .30-40Krag cartridge..:D

Easy..

1. Enfield
2. Enfield
3. Enfield
Life is so simple sometimes....!

Really, though, there are a number of 1950 era refurbs that are on my radar.
I'd like to land a L-42, but I don't know that this will be the year for that.
I need a clean 1944 Long Branch.

These items are super hard to find and I'd love to slide one on my Carcano

morrisod which type of bayonet are you looking for?The spike type for the cavalry carbine or the folding knife type for the m38?

Does this count . . . . Already purchased, but not complete yet.

When I can find the time, I'd like to finish building my Virgin Krinkov kit I got from Centerfire Systems a few years back. :D

Back