Whats next in your collection?

Mausermolt

hey all, i have one question for all the C and R enthusiasts out there: what will be the newest edition to your C and R collection? i myself am just looking for new ideas i have most of the WW2 era rifles(only 1 pistol as i am not 21) excluding a m1 carbine, and M91/30 which i have a sweet tula 1936 rifle picked out already :D. so whats next on your list?

Probably one of those Romanian Tokarevs that are all over the place.

Unless CMP gets a burst of speed and comes up with my M1 a month early :D

I have a whole list of WWII bolt action rifles that I'm working on. I'm trying to pick them up when and where I can for a good price, before things start getting pricey...
The next three I'm focusing on, in no particular order, is the K31, Type 99 Arisaka, and Enfield No4, but I'll pick up any I don't have if I think its a good price...

In this order: K98, No.4Mk.1, K31, Mosin Sniper, short-barreled Thompson. It sickens me to think i'm gonna have to buy a new Thompson that is Semi-only, but I don't have an extra $19,000 laying around for the legit one I found.

Greg

1. M39
2. TT-33
3. M44
4. M1895
5. Mk.I #4

...or the next milsurp to catch my eye. ;)

Although the higher the Nagant gets on the list the less-inclined I am to get it.

either a TT-33, Nagant revolver, K98 russian refurb, or M38.
im trying to get something that i can still find ammo for sorta cheap at gunshows.

I have 2 Enfields, 2 91/30s, and a yugo mauser

I always have a list in my head of the ones I'm after but...
usually it ends up being whatever is cool and at a good price.

Polish TT33. I already have a Romanian. Maybe another 1895 Nagant to try a 32 ACP cylinder in. I don't have any theme to my collection, just all shooters.
Might save up some change incase Cole's have a P-38 or a shooter grade Luger at Knob Creek this comming April.

A tokarev, a cz52, and a 91/30 are next 4 me. So far my c and r collection consists of a sweet m39 I got for 150, and a m44 a friend gave me. Not bad too far for a buck fifty! The m39 shoots like a dream.

A VZ-24 8x57IS is already on the way to reinforce my 98 collection! :D

I would be really interested in a finnish Mosin Nagant, I have a m44 and its really nice gun, a more accurate mosin could be very interesting.

Well, following up with my earlier post, I actually caught the Fedex guy today so I could get my Bavarian Marked M1 Carbine. It is the third in my collection of Bavarian Marked M1 Carbines and it is a beauty. It is a ... I can't believe my luck ... a service grade Rural Police (the most common so no big deal) Rockola (very desirable manufacturer). Yes, it's true: Rockola barrel, Rockola receiver and Rockola stock; I feel the same way I felt when I discovered a Simson Suhl Makarov at a gun show in Syracuse several years back for 250 bucks. What a great day and makes me so happy to be a gun collector.

PS. I should give credit to the CMP (Civilian Markmanship Program) and the great work they do; I'm so happy and proud to be a member.

Back