What's in your gun?

.45 230 gr. Federal Hydra-Shok
.40 180 gr. Federal Hydra-Shok

seems to run well and shoot poa poi in my carry weapons.

Speer Gold Dot 180 gr in my HK. Thinking about switching to 165's in maybe Corbon, even though the Gold Dots are fine.

.45 Eldorado Starfires by PMC in my Taurus PT145. The pistol has *NEVER* failed to fire or cycle using these cartridges.

DARN! Missed it by minutes! :D Sounds good enough to dust off my wallet & pull out a couple of moldy old bills though. You're not the only one I've heard say that about PMC's.

No change in ammo for the winter here. I figure my summer ammo will perform the same with a long sleeve shirt as a short sleeve shirt.

In the Glock 30, nothing fancy, WWB 230 gr. jhps from Wal-Mart. I find myself carrying the Smith 340PD more often than not and I have something equally fancy for that as well. Remington +P 125gr semi jacketed hollowpoints in a 100rd. value pack.

I can't afford to practice with the expensive stuff.

BTW, does anyone know if anybody produces a reasonably priced full power 10mm JHP?

Federal Hydro-Shoks in my Kel-Tec and my Taurus PT-111. On the days I carry my little PT-22, it's usually loaded up with Velocitors or CCI Stingers.

Glock 23 .40 cal. Usually Speer Gold Dot 180gr, but Ive got Winchester Ranger Talon 165gr in it right now.

My HK UPS/T and Sig GSR are both stoked with Winchester Ranger 230 SXT. My backup (Glock 27) is loaded with Ranger SXT 165's, the 642 is full of Silvertips and the Govt. Model .380 with 95 grn PMC Starfires. Those are the guns that I carry most often for serious work!

.45 - 230 gr Hydrashok
.40 S&W - 165 gr Winchester Ranger
9mm - Gold Dot 124gr +p

The only time I switch carry ammo is if I run out and can't get it any more or if I switch guns and I find the new one likes something else better.

Remington Golden Saber .45 ACP hp in my Para LDA Nite Tac.

The Illustrious Miss Fluffy (my better half) has the same in 9mm in her Glock 19.

I carry Winchester 130 +p .38's in the 643 snubby, 124 +p gold dots or corbon 115gr 9mm's in the G19, corbon 125gr .357's in the GP100 and hydra shocks in the P220ST.

Back