Whats a good pistol for production class IPSC shooting?

I used to shoot production in USPSA with a G34. However, if you really want to shoot IPSC, then you have to go with the shorter G17. If you go with the G17, you might want to consider a 3.5# trigger connector. I put a Vanek custom trigger in my G34...pretty nice. Not sure what is state of the art in production USPSA now days...I have been out of it for two years.

I'm gonna pick up a glock 17 next week. I shot it better than the m&p and its cheaper than the sig. The sig would be nice but I just bought an 870 so I have to go with the glock for price and everyones reviews

First of all, you may as well stick with 9mm. There is no "game" advantage to using a 40. I shoot a Sig 226ST and a P7M8. However, the cheapest way to get into the game is probably a Glock 17, if you like glocks. For a new shooter, they will do everything you want and you won't be a gaming disadvantage. Next choice would be the S&W M&P. More money - The M&P Pro is probably going to be the next big thing in production, once it gets approved, which should be soon.

The XD's work just fine, and have a much better trigger when tuned properly.
100_0755-1.jpg
100_1222.jpg

Back