what would you do

I sometimes carry a 5 shot SP101 but feel it doesn't have the amount of on-board firepower that might be necessary. If the OP feels more comfortable with a revolver and is willing to accept the limited ammo available, that's what he should do.
A pump shotgun is a viable home defense tool even in 20 gauge.

The problem I see is locking the guns up inside the home. This is a BAD CHOICE. If you can't control or properly supervise your kids, put the HD gun out of their reach but DON'T LOCK IT AWAY FROM READY ACCESS.

I'll pass that on. About difference between the 38 and 357 for us is weight, especially in the LCR.The 3 or 4 extra ozs. makes a big balance difference for my wife. Her choice and I agreed with her. The 357 allows the person to shoot 3 or 4 different types of loads which makes it very versatile to me.
But as suggested above I will take 3 of my Rugers to the range and let him fire the LCR, the SP101 and the GP 100 4". This should be interesting. If he likes any of the Rugers then I'll get him to try to then get him to rent out and try a similar in a Smith.

Back