What would a parent do?

Um, Rob, I'll agree that under those circumstances you, as a parent, probably wouldn't be able to get to the building, but it sure as heck wouldn't be the BAD guys keeping you out; It takes an awful lot of people to establish any kind of defense around a building as big as a school, and with that many hostile non-combatants to worry about turning your back on. The POLICE had those numbers, the bad guys didn't. Of course, even if you HAD gotten in, you'd be in a bit of a disadvantage against a foe mixed in with the people you wanted to help... My guess is that by the time you picked out the bad guys from their victims, they'd have plugged you full of holes, since THEY didn't have to worry about not making mistakes.

One thing we might teach our children after this, is that it's OK to use a window to exit the building!

Well some people are against revealing certain procedures about how police handles their business. That way, they don't risk the information being used against them by the unscrupulous. But, since no one has yet to mention anything, I assume the information is OK.

Back