What were some of your best deals in C&Rs?

One of my best deals was a 5fer$100 deal on M48's. They were advertised as missing small parts. I got mine in and the only parts missing were front sight hoods on 4 and cleaning rods on 2. Still have the best of the bunch with all matching #'s. It'll shoot 5 into 1.5" at 100yrds all day long.

I scored a New-in-Wrap #4 Mk 2 for $250 about four or five years ago. I got it from a gun shop that wound up liquidating some guys estate.

I picked up a Daewoo AR-100 (K2) for $800 at the same time. I had to pass on a pre-ban Colt SP1 "carbine" and a Colt 9mm AR due to lack of cash.

I got started too late to brag about the money I saved but I just half an hour ago got the most beautiful sporterized Siamese Type 45 I have ever seen dropped into my lap for a price I won't have to take out a home equity loan to afford. And the best part is I know the guy who did the conversion. I will be living on Cloud 9 for the forseeable future.

leadcounsil,

I purchased an unissued military Bulgarian Makarov from Dan's Ammo for $165 dollars 3 years ago; the same handgun is double the price now.

The Bulgarian Makarovs were not given the respect I think they deserved from a quality standpoint; they very well may be the best Makarovs made including the German Military (not including the Simpson Suhl though).

Hmmmm......some of my best deals were from Century when their U-FIX-EM deals were really deals or when they had their cracked stocked specials:

Ballista-Monlinas for $99
FR-8s for $49
M48s or 24/47s for $69
No. 4 Enfields for $69

My best deals were:
1903ish S&W 32SWL Hand Ejector in excellent condition: $175
1954 5-screw S&W K38 Masterpiece with box, Herrett Target Stocks (factory grips still on gun), and 4 boxes of 38special. Gun looks like it had never been used: $375

Chris

In the Memphis area, just finding an Enfield #4 or #5 at a store or show is somewhat unusual.
And one which has Not been sporterized (or missing parts of the front or rear sight) is very rare.:(

Last edited:
"Hmmmm......some of my best deals were from Century when their U-FIX-EM deals were really deals or when they had their cracked stocked specials:

Ballista-Monlinas for $99
FR-8s for $49
M48s or 24/47s for $69
No. 4 Enfields for $69"

Ahhh, $49 FR-8's

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    2.4 KB · Views: 21
Back