What use is a .25ACP

Glad to have provided a few smiles, but remember, I am an engineer and that means I don't spell very well (or type very well for that matter,)

Hard Ball,

Don't feel bad. My old roommate once inadvertently referred to gasoline bombs as "Mazel Tov cocktails". Any time we bring up this several-year-old slip of the tongue, the room collapses in hysterics. I'm laughing as I type this. Sometimes an accidental spoonerism provides the best chuckle of the week.

I'll not admit to any of mine... :o ;)

The 25 is a much better round than the 22lr. Ball ammo feeds better. Centerfire ammo is much more reliable in ignition and the round is sealed better in regards to moisture,where 22's are terrible. By the way, I had a good laugh also, I think someone is busting your (Hard Ball)

Missed a comparrison. The .22 is a very accurate round with sufficient velocity out of its standard barrel length. Quoted veolcities for the .22 out of pistols generally are from 4 or 6 inch barrels. A quick look at velocities for the .25 yields velocities out of 2.5" barrels. Being a higher velocity number, the 22 suffers greatly in comparrison from shorter barrels.

Imagine a 4" Revolver with a cylinder of .25! You'd be able to place shots more effectively and would probably get decent paper power out of it to boot. But at that point, why not buy a 38?

Back