What type of range bag do YOU use?

What type of range bag do you like the best?

• Green Mountain Sports

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Waller

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Shooters Connection

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Dillon

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Tool bag

Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other

Votes: 47 70.1%

• Total voters
I used to use a Giagantic black cordura super tactical range bag. Then I got tired of toting the kitchen sink back and forth to the range. Now I use a medium size cam-corder bag that I purchased from Wal-Mart. It is smaller, lighter, less expensive and dosen't scream: GUNBAG please STEAL ME! It still has enough room for a good tool kit, a GSW kit, my eye and ear protection, a shot timer, staple gun, pasters, markers, 3X5 cards, spare mags, ammo, rule books, and a deck of playing cards :)

I use a bright orange bag that I got as a handout at COMDEX a couple of years ago. It was originally setup for a laptop but works great as my range bag if only taking two or less handguns and stuff (in addition to the one on my hip of course).

i use my OLD back pack. works great and i usually haul about 50-70 pounds of gear in it. never gonna rip it as i used to haul 100 pounds worth of books in it.

Scott

I have one of the Eagle Deluxe Pro Shooters bag. It works well for me. The only bad thing is the price, you can buy a nice Green Mountain or Waller for less. If I had to buy again I would probably buy one of the other 2 mentioned.

Good luck, Mike...

BAGMASTER,

Not sure of the model number, but is is a 4 pistol bag that holds a ton of stuff----real heavy duty....I should have spent the money years ago instead of trying to improvise by using duffle bags etc..

Still too much money, but until prices come down (all range bags are overpriced in my opinion) this should last me.

Please don't laugh

I use a diaper bag my wife bought for $20 at JC Penney. She bought one for the kid and when I looked it over I had her buy me one. It has pockets all over, mesh pouches on each end for bottles (milk for the kid, water for me), two main compartments (one with nice little pouches for mags, ammo boxes, etc.), a rubberized zippered diaper pouch (holds hundreds of pieces of brass) and even a cushioned 12"x18" changing pad that works great for gun cleaning, sighting in, etc.

I've had a Waller Range Bag for about 10 years and have had to supplement it with a Standard and Mini Medics Bag from Blackhawk in the last couple of years. I think I'm totin' around way too much stuff. Anymore, when I go to the range, the passenger side of the cab and the bed of my truck are full of gear, targets and guns. :rolleyes:

I take a Dillon Range Bag for my guns, eye & ear pro, pasters, tape and other items, and I take a Dillon Range Pack to carry my ammo in.

I have an old largish computer laptop bag that works great - it has a carry strap and everything.

- Gabe

I really love the "Bills Bags" I have. It is a pistol bag that has one main compartment to hold two pistols, each padded. He gave me an extra wool pouch in case I want to put a 3rd pistol in the next pouch. That's were I put ammo & a lot of other stuff. There is a 3rd pouch on the front. On the other side, there are 6 magazine pouches with velcroed covers. Each compartment has lockable zippers and the mag pouches keeps it legal.

Anyway, the point is that it's still quite small & I can carry everything in a very small bag. It is handy enough to toss in the car or boat or whatever & take arms with me more often.

Bill lives in Dunsmuir California & makes the bags himself. He frequents many gun shows from SF Bay Area & north.

Chevy G20 3/4 ton conversion van.

Contains:

Benchrest rifle, in locked case.
Cleaning kit (29" toolbox)
Cleaning cradle
Loading box, with presses, etc.)
Powder box (30mm can)
Primer/bullet box (MTM dry box)
Bench box (30mm can)
Two folding tables
BBQ grill
Two coolers