What to carry...

Oysterboy

Decisions decisions. :)

I usually carry my Sig P250c 40sw with Underwood 155 XTPs or Hornady 165 FTXs. Since I got my HK USP V1 9mm I like it a lot and like to carry it too. I have it loaded with Underwood 124+P XTPs.

Also the HK is lighter and easier to carry but I felt that my Sig are more capable of stopping the threat than the HK.

I'm carrying the HK but miss the Sig. Don't say carry both. LOL.

Y'all get in the same spot?

I carry what I shoot the best, my Model 66. But sometimes what I'm wearing is not conducive to carrying a pistol that size so I will opt for my J frame. Carry what gives you the most confidence unless the size or weight is going to be an issue for your activities that day. At least carry something all the time, every day.

I personally like 9mm better than 40sw. They're close enough I don't feel undergunned carrying a 9mm.

If you like them with you could just rotate based on preference for the day? What I'll do is carry my PPS primarily unless it's an OWB kind of day, then I'll carry my double stack XD.

My number one carry is my Glock 23 (40)
I know for a fact it will never fail me, plus has plenty of stopping power
I should good with it.
I normally don't switch around very often, haven't seen the need, with the performance of the G23
But, it's whatever you feel good with

Glock 19 Gen 4, with 147g Ranger, from Winchester. Only ever carry a Glock 19, never change, same gun, same place, always.

Glock 26 - 90% of the time
smith BDY Guard .38 spec .10%

I shoot better with the 26 but the smith is so light and comfortable to carry. Want to get either a Glock 43, PPS, or Shield.

Need some range time with my NANO, and a good holster before I'll carry it.

Carry what you shoot the best, but I would be all for carrying the USP (prefer both caliber and platform more).

Deciding what to carry is a problem. Glock, Sig, Smith, Ruger, CZ, Kahr or something else? I guess my wife was right. It's possible to own too many guns.

I'm always going back and forth between a Glock 19 Gen 4 and/or a P226/P229.

But for you? They're both GTG. I may be more partial the HK compared to the flavor of SIG you chose.

As mentioned, carry the one you can shoot best. Nothing else matters.
"...Just opened my eyes, looked at my watch?..." Happy Birthday. You check the Obits to be sure? snicker.

LOL, Happy Birthday old man. :D

Yeah, I'm 65 myself. Anyway, I shoot my HK and my Sig equally well. Just a little learning curve on the HK because of the flat sides of the grip. My Sig has a rounded grip and really comfy to hold.

Nope. I carry a Diamondback DB9, mostly. It works; mine is reliable, it's very easy to carry, and I don't care about getting it dinged, scratched, etc.

I have much nicer guns I can carry, but don't unless I want to show them off to friends.

I usually carry a J frame model 637 or model 60 OWB, and a LCP in my back pocket for a back up, and a speed strip and extra mag for the LCP in the watch pocket of my wranglers.

On occasion, I will carry a Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II, or a Colt XSE Lightweight Commander OWB, but usually go back to the J frames, I just feel more comfortable carrying them.

My number one carry 95% of the time is my Glock 23 (40), but occasionally, I carry my 380 Bersa Thunder with 95 grain JHP's.
No worries with either, have utmost faith in both.

I could solve my problem by getting the USP in 40sw. :D

Go for it and use it as an excuse to buy another gun. But, there is no problem with carrying a 9mm. It's plenty of power.
I would make the decision based on how the gun feels, and how well it carries and shoots, not on caliber. As long as you carry a major caliber (and 9mm is one of them) you are good.

Well I wake up in the morning and have to decide on...

Bowie Tactical Concepts Glock 26 with Kydex holster, spare mag, and Winchester +p+ 127 gr loads....

Or S&W 686-3 2 1/2 bbl with Secret Service stocks, Don Hume JIT Slide holster, and Safariland split speedloader pouch...

Or if in a hurry, S&W 640 Centennial, again with Secret Service stocks, and Bianchi speed strip in an Uncle Mikes speed strip pouch.

Or, if bored, my Glock 34 ARCOM .357 Sig (Storm Lake barrel) with fire sights, spare mags, Kydex holster, etc...

Or Kahr K9, IWB Kydex holster, spare mag, DPX 115gr 9mm ammo, yada, yada, yada...

And maybe if I'm a open carry fanatic (which I ain't), my S&W 629-1 4 inch .44 with stag grips and Tyler T and El Paso Tanker holster.

Deaf

Back