What to buy next?

Wideners has p6 single stack 9mm for sale. I don't remember price, but I remember that if you buy 2 it lowers the price a bit. I have a 226 and would imagine a p6 9mm would be a great gun. They're west German trade ins, but they're still great.

All those everyday garden variety guns you see at your local gun shop will always be available, you can get one any time. And since almost everybody else has one, what's in it for you besides rank conformity? Don't be a firearms sheeple.

Treat yourself. And treat yourself well. Buy a 9mm that is guaranteed to appreciate every year without fail, regardless of economic conditions. In other words, ownership is not just free, but even profitable. Buy yourself a gun that automatically comes with mystique, lore, and real history.

Luger. Whether it's an Imperial model or from the Third Reich, nothing drips with so much class. Some 350 hand-fitting operations done to make each and every one. Unsurpassed craftsmanship. Broomhandle Mauser. The C-96. The original autoloader. Like the one that Churchill carried at Omdurman. Soooo cool. The P38 or its lower-cost and improved cousin, the Walther P1. Shades of the Greatest Generation and the Cold War.

You'll find to your delight and amazement that these firearms are every bit as reliable as anything else out there, that they are far better made, and surprisingly more accurate -often much more - than any polymer gun other than customized competition models. Especially the Lugers.

And you get one more thing no off-the-shelf, massed produced, cookie-cutter commercial cannon can give you - real pride and satisfaction of ownership.

Wparrish Instock??!! Tell your dealer what you have an interest in and let them get you one in . I have not bought a in stock firearm in many years.

Our local general store is all ways able to find what is wanted and at his normal discounted price.

LIPSEY is one wholsale dealer that will show whats in stock and a retail price only. many handguns are out there if a lazy dealer will look.
http://lipseys.com/itemfinder.aspx?mfg=GLOCK&family=G34+Series&type=Semi-Auto+Pistol

If this is to be a family keepsake to be passed down from generation to generation I would opt for something like a H&K or a Sig. Nothing wrong with the m&p or the glocks, both good solid dependable pistols. I own a few glocks, but if i was giving something to my kids, it would be something a little more special. If its just a good all around HD pistol then M&P or glock fits the bill, but if its something to make the great grandchildren go wow, Something a little more upscale. Ok Im putting on flame resistant suit now. Good luck with what very you chose.

I don't have large hands and I shoot and handle the controls of the Beretta 92 fine. It doesn't fit me like a glove but its not uncomfortable at all and I shoot the pistol great. Although I found that the Hogue rubber non-finger groove grip panels really gave a much more positive and comfortable grip without adding any thickness and made handling the gun that much better. If these are going to be passed on and you want something in 9mm I would go with either the Beretta 92, Sig 229, or the slightly larger Sig 226, all quality and great looking guns.

Remember -this is going to be a treasured family heirloom. A Timex is not an heirloom, a Rolex is. A Bic pen is not a family heirloom, a Mont Blanc Meisterstuck is. Paperbacks aren't, hard covers are. Nissan Sentras aren't. Datsun 240Zs are. Generic things aren't, personalized things are. An Uberti isn't, a Colt SAA is. Common, mass produced isn't, rare or collectible is. A plastic gun? Never.

I'd be happy to have any firearms handed down to me, who wouldn't? But I would much rather leave my kids something that has an intrinsic worth far beyond mere utility, and yet be fully operational, reliable, and effective. A firearm capable of evoking their curiosity, earning their respect and appreciation. Not just valued, but treasured. And having that cachet, mystique, lore, whatever, that will make them want to keep it, and pass it down to their heirs, and not just sell it after I'm gone.

Buy yourself a Luger. You'll not only fall in love with it, but it will make you want to live forever just to keep enjoying it.

I don't have large hands and I shoot and handle the controls of the Beretta 92 fine.

Hope I'm not getting too far off topic here...Dragline...Can you operate the magazine release without shifting the gun in your hand? I can't.

Sgt Lumpy

I can but it's easier to shift the gun slightly, but I can still drop a mag and reload just as fast as any other pistol I have handled so at least to me it is a non issue. I can also reach the slide release fine with my regular grip, I noticed in your other post you said that was an issue for you. When talking about fractions of a second difference in reloading speed that type of thing is not something I am concerned about, my carry gun a Sig P232 and that uses a European heel mag release and even then I have no problems with it. The chances of a civilian running their gun dry and having to do a reload in a self defense situation is slim, especially with my 15+1 Beretta. Shaving of a 1/4 second off my reloading time is the farthest thing from my mind.

Last edited:
If a handgun that is going to be passed along has to be special why not make a a les baer, wilson or engraved ed brown . May be a freedom arms revolver or bowen classic if its really meant to be a better than other handguns .

Back