What the biggest thing anyone CCW's

Either my full sized 1911 or my G17 if not both on occasion. Both IWB or shoulder holster. Smallest gun I have is an commander sized 1911. Tend to carry it alot more now that it's broken in.

Big Guns

Since I am a small person, big to me has been an UZI, a .357 Desert Eagle, Government Model (5 inch), and 6 inch S & W Highway Patrolman (in .357 Magnum)

1911 is my limit.

I've seen one of my troops try this on sveral occassions with a long, heavy overcoat. It works.
firepower.jpg

.41 Tracker

It's still fairly cold up here in New England. My daily carry is a Taurus 425 Tracker in .41 magnum. 4" barrel that rides in a Kramer Belt Scabbard (OWB). 175 Gr silvertips + 2 speedloaders on the belt.

Normal everyday carry. Glock 21
Most carried. Series 80 1911 45
Have carried. DE 44 Mag
Thought about carrying. Redhawk 44 Mag

Hemicuda, Just how comfortable is that shoulder holster? Been using it long?

Mannlicher, How bout that crossdraw holster? How fast does it trash the belts from the weight? How's it work out for everyday carry? Comfortable? I've thought about round butting my Redhawk. I did put nite sights on it, they're useful anywhere.

Normal everyday carry. Glock 21
Most carried. Series 80 1911 45
Have carried. DE 44 Mag
Thought about carrying. Redhawk 44 Mag

Hemicuda, Just how comfortable is that shoulder holster? Been using it long?

Mannlicher, How bout that crossdraw holster? How fast does it trash the belts from the weight? How's it work out for everyday carry? Comfortable? I've thought about round butting my Redhawk. I did put nite sights on it, they're useful anywhere.

NIICE Shotgun-Pistol rig.

Biggest thing I ever carried was my brother's G23 after my Walther PPK/S broke right after I got my CCW. The Walther was my first and only gun at the time.

The G23 felt like a brick on my small frame - the only holster we had was a leather Bianchi belt clip which printed badly, so I rigged it where I just let that part of my belt and the entire holster slip inside my pants.

At the time I was interning at a print shop and wasn't allowed to wear jeans, so the experience was "really fun." At least it was a cubicle city and nobody really saw me.

It was extremely uncomfortable, but it was comforting .

Several weeks of that and I bought my K40.

I regularly carry a 5" Kimber Custom CDP and 2 mags. At 31oz unloaded, you can forget it's there...when compared to other full size 1911's.

Kogatana,

I recognize that fine leather with the short shotgun as being Sam Andrews "firepower" rig. Here is what Sam says about the rig:

These rigs were originally produced for narcs who wished to make a good first impression on their customers.

The shotgun hangs in a quick-release holder, an adjustable length tether attaches to the butt swivel. The offside contains a handgun and ten rounds of 12 Ga. shells.

Sam makes all my leather. He is truly one of "the good guys"

Edward,

The cross draw does not trash the belt. I use a thick, 2 inch belt, and the holster rides inside the waist band. I have MepPro tritium sights on the 25-5, and love them. The revolver also has a cylinder for .45 ACP, and when fitted, I use Factory HydroShock 230 gain.

Kogatana

that rig ROCKS (sorry Tamara - that verb is fitting and to the point here)!

Hey, my state's concealed carry law states than one can carry a handgun of ".45 caliber or less".

So, a .45-70 is .45 or less, right? I've actually heard of .45-70 derringers, but that's insanity to shoot. Concealing a TC contender in .45-70 would be a challenge though. One shot is all you need. :)

:) 9x18 Mak in a hankey, in a rear pocket.
9x18 in iwb, with a shirt, tail out over a "t" shirt for warm weather.
Of course I live in Ky. , so sometimes i just wear it in the open, just to remind people it's legal.

btw, edward , great to see Heinlein quoted on a gun board, it should be required reading for everyone!

AAhhh, you must be new here, Heinleins quoted fairly frequently in peoples sig lines! Welcome to TFL! You'll like it here, not much not to like, really.:)

MP5A3 under a great coat on a felony arrest, I did use the 15 round magazine to prevent printing. Guy was supposed to be violent, had lots of guns, had stated he wouldn't be taken alive, yadda, yadda, insert line from snitch to inflame situation.
He got a really stupid expression when I produced the H&K and decided "freeze" sounded like a good idea.:eek:

In my younger days I frequently carried my 70 series Colt Gvt Mdl IWB with shorts and a T-shirt. For dress wear I carried it IWB/no holster/cross draw under a button up shirt, but you need the appropriate figure to pull that one off (hint: carved abbs ain't it). Now I'm "stuck" with the issue SIG P229 on and off duty, but I think it'll do quite nicely.:cool:

stay safe

Last edited:
I could carry my Sub-9 under a coat that reached just past my waist, if I wanted.

I also once carried a 8" .44 Anaconda. Just because. I finished that walk with a feeling similar to what I have for the HK 91...nice for what it is, but for me, essentially useless. OTOH, I have a 657 on my side now.

...in Andrews leather, of course! I ordered the holster (and the .41, incidentally) when I still thought I was going to Alaska. Then 9-11...

Well, WA is close. :)

Back