What state has the "best" gun laws?

Kentucky is about as friendly as it gets. Open carry, very few ghostbuster signs, shall-issue WITHOUT fingerprints, no hunting restrictions like Indiana has (only shotguns allowed).

Kentucky is about as friendly as it gets. Open carry, very few ghostbuster signs, shall-issue WITHOUT fingerprints

I had to get fingerprinted for my CCW Kentucky license.

Did anyone mention Texas? Also, very good.

I'm happy here in Texas.

Apparently after reading other threads if I ever have to use my weapon in self defense or defense of my neighbor's stereo, or defense of my wife who was scared by fleeing robbers I won't even be charged let alone convicted no matter how recklessly I act. I'm almost more afraid of other CHL holders now than I am the BG's lol.

Vermont and Alaska may allow CCW without a permit or license, but the NH permit is very cheap with almost no hassle, and the only restrictions on where to carry is court houses and federal buildings. We have pre-emption which keeps cities and towns from infringing our rights. We don't have to actually carry our permit while carrying and we don't have to inform LEO that we're carrying if we're pulled over. We have the castle doctrine.

I’m quite pleased with Texas. However, open carry would certainly be icing on the cake. :D

One very nice thing now; if you protect yourself, family, or property you don’t have to worry about civil action from the perp or his family. Provided it is a clean shoot, of course.

Oregon isn't bad

Oregon isn't bad, inspite of it's leftist leanings..

Certain counties you can get a CCW easy and class three weapons are no problem here as well.

If you have to shoot someone, Oregon is bad, you can't protect property here, Texas is better that way, especialy at night. In Oregon, it will probably go to a grand jury even if it was totaly obvious that you were justified.

No civil liability in Texas????

elza or anyone else who can chime in on this...if you shoot or kill someone under legal circumstances in Texas you cannot be taken to civil court by the family of the individual who was shot/killed???

Are we talking Castle Doctrine or CCW with this "exemption"? Where does documentation of this exist, in the Texas CCW legislation I have read it looks like only cops have that protection.

North Dakota is good.

CCW is $30 for 3 years. Relatively good reciprocity with other states.

If you have a CCW they don't have to call NICS when doing a gun sale.

You can have loaded firearms in your car as long as the chamber is empty. (CCW holders exempt from this when talking about handguns.)

Pack your firearms in your car however you want as long as you observe the above rule. (Curse you Minnesota.)

ALL NFA items are legal.

Back