What scope for Rem .270

I would advise 130 grain bullets, I'm guessing you don't reload? You can get good factory ammo in 130 and 150 grain, 130 seems to be the most preferred in the .270 win, if you reload you obviously would have more bullet weight options up to like a 160 grain, if you are just planning to target shoot for fun I would try some different brands in 130 grain and see what your rifle likes best, you might find that a 150 shoots better, you just have to try them out and see. Factory rifle ammo can get quite expensive especially if you buy premium ammo which would be more suited to big game hunting than target practice. If you try a certain brand (say remington for example) and they don't shoot well try other brands of the same bullet weight, just cause one brand don't shoot well in your rifle don't mean other brands of the same bullet weight won't. Good luck

Thanks Solocam I plan on reloading eventually, because I know of my addictive tendency. I will have to do as you suggest and try different factory ammo first, seems like they work out a lot of stuff and see what the barrel likes, then move up to reloading soon after. I'm really excited to get this going, maybe the temp will get a little warmer it's five below here...

I hear ya about the weather, Its 10 degrees here this morning, gonna go ice fishing today, try out my new sled/shelter and ice auger. Gonna set out tip ups then get in the shack and get warm!:D.

I'd get a 3-9x40 Leupold and Leupold Rings.

Should be able to get both used for perhaps $200. Mine have taken some beatings that were not advisable. They still work and still hold a solid zero. The rings are not 'cheap' but they do define 'you get what you pay for'. :)

The Burris Fullfield II 3-9x40 would be a great scope if you havent already bought one. I recently bought one for my .25-06 and i love it. Much brighter and clearer than most other scopes in this price range. I found the best deal at Bass Pro Shops. They had them on sale for $150. I dont know if they are still going for this price. Read some online reviews for this scope. Betcha dont find a bad one.

Finally!!

Ok B-day money came in and I wound up ordering a Nikon Buckmaster 4.5 x 14 40 with Talley lightweight one piece rings, scope was 259.00 and rings was 40.00 , scope has BDC reticle, best reputable price I could find was from the riflescope store.
I wanted to thank all of you guys for the very informative posts and advice.
I will have them installed and boresighted by a pro.
Thanks again everyone!!

If you buy a used Leupold scope...

you should know that any malfunction will be fixed by their customer service dept FREE.

For example, I bought a used Leupold Vari X III (the "Vari X" line is 10 years or so old), then I found out it wasn't holding zero. I had noticed a slight dent on the side of the ocular lens housing, but the original owner told me he did that by putting the rifle in a hard case and carrying it on the handlebars of his ATV - no big deal, he claimed. So, I sent it in to Leupold for repair. They said it had apparently been dropped, resulting in broken internal parts. Since it was no longer manufactured, there were no repair parts available. Therefore, they volunteered to give me, FREE OF CHARGE, a current (VX-3 series) scope - retail value $430 (2.5-8X36).

Long story short, you can count on Leupold service dept treating you right.

Back