What role does a CZ527 have?

It's not my decision but I don't see the 527 doing anything for you that your 452 or 550 don't already do just as well, if not better. It would be different if you didn't have to get rid of one.

I really love my new 527 x39 and agree with all the wonderful things everyone is saying above. Like you, I have a .308 bolt rifle (K31 7.5x55, my tack-driver!) and x39 semi-autos (5.45 & 7.62x39 VEPRs). I almost had to part with my 7.62x39 VEPR to "pay" for the 527 acquisition, but the wife gave me a pass on that safe-filler. I have a cheap .22LR (Marlin 60) and would LOVE to have a 452.

The question to you is: I assume your 452 is a tack driver, will you be satisfied if the 527 is a 2 MOA rifle with cheap steel-cased ammo? And even with premium (Hornady SST?) ammo?

ETA: The 527 only has 5-round magazines -- as far as I know of. If you have 10-round magazines available over there, please let us know! You may have a nice little side-business supplying us...

Last edited:
I have both 452's and a 527 in x39. I've been watching this thread and pondering- maybe trying to learn to think like you- I don't know. The 527 has the CIP type chamber- I don't know exactly what all that means, but CZ says it was cut for the steel cased European ammo (steel cased). I've tried brass cased stuff and steel cased stuff- both Euro and home grown. My rifle doesn't feed well at all with brass, and truthfully, it doesn't group well with anything I've fed it so far. I guess it groups well enough for what it is, but it sure lacks the satisfaction of very small groups of any of my other CZ's- especially the rimfires. I may be wrong, but I kind of think reloading for accuracy for that x39 just won't ever be a won battle in the chase for small groups. Now, if it was any other caliber, that would be a totally different kind of bird.

These are all good thinking points.

Certainly, yes, my 452 is accurate. I would not really want to trade that for less in terms of accuracy. So far all my CZs have shot nicely.

Even my VZ managed about 3 MOA at 100m with irons, but those were 150 powder coated commercial reloads. With the Barnaul stuff its more like 5 MOA. So I know that Barnaul is not inherently an accurate product.

I will need to double check the 527 mag size here. I was pretty sure they were 10, but may have been fooled by the fact they are single stack.

My 452 has aftermarket 10rd mags.

For target shooting the CZ 527 MTR in 223 is a nice rifle . A friend of mine just bought one and it's a tack diver , the Varmint heavy barrel in 223 comes with a single set trigger also very nice . Worth a look.

Chris

Bought a left hand CZ 527 American when they first hit the market. It's a .223/5.56mm. That rifle has killed dozens of called in coyotes. Today i went to our range to sight in a muzzleloader and spent a couple hours calling coyotes, to no avail.

After the muzzleloader was sighted in i fired five rounds through the CZ 527. Rifle was fired as fast as i could load single rounds and get a good sight picture. Group measures about 1 1/4 inches.

Scope: Leupold FX 3 six power.

Distance: 125 yards.

Wind: From my back steady at 10-12 mph.

Bullet: 53 grain Barnes Triple Shock
Powder: 24.5 grains of IMR 3031
Case: TW 67
Primer: CCI

2ruy5krl.jpg

Last edited:
thallub
Nice shooting rapid fire 125 yards with wind with a 223 , CZ's makes accurate and reliable rifles . Keep up the good work. I'm a benchrest shooter using a Reminder 700 in 308 , after seeing what these CZ's can do in 223 , would definitely be my next shooter in 223 when the time comes . Be Well.

Chris

Nice shooting rapid fire 125 yards with wind with a 223

Thanks very much.

That CZ 527 may be the most accurate off the shelf rifle i've ever bought. Also own a Remington 700 in .223 with a 26 inch heavy barrel that is more accurate, but that rifle is also very finicky about ammo.

Thankfully, i'm still able to hunt and shoot at age 81.

Last edited:
Maybe .300BLK would be a nice chambering for this rifle..
Except then you would be paying $1/shot as opposed to about .35/shot ($21/box vs $7/box). The great thing about 7.62X39 is that it's very affordable to shoot. 300 Blackout is much more expensive for a knockabout gun.

thallub
Your doing good all around shooting and hunting at 81 . What do they say 81 is the new 50 . Keep up the great work . Stay Well.

Chris

Pond, I forget what the minimum numbers were you posted as requirements in Estonia (dia, fps, energy, etc). But I do wonder if 6.5 Grendel has caught on over there yet? So far, CZ has ducked and dodged the 6.8SPC, but they do offer 527's in 6.5 Grendel. Also, have you seen any of the larger action CZ rifles there such as the 550 or 557? Those open a whole new world of chambering possibilities.

10-96:

The hunting regs are simply 9 gram projectile or heavier, 6.5mm or wider.

So a 38spl in a carbine could constitute a hunting round for large game....

Nuts...

Back