What Rifle do you WANT???

Status
Not open for further replies.
16" rifled bore Naval Gun!

Sit of the coast of D.C. and bombard the White House!

;)

(Govt. cronnie disclaimer...."This is a joke, it is only a joke, and anyone with half a brain would know that Naval Guns couldn't bombard D.C., why? Cause you have removed all heavy gun support from the fleet thereby exposing our Marines to slaughter in the event they are tasked with taking a beach!)

------------------
I thought I'd seen it all, until a 22WMR spun a bunny 2 1/4 times in the air!

My gun shop has a M1 Carbine that I really want. However, I don't like the sight picture. It's a little flaw that I just can't get past. The right edge of the metal guard that sits on top of the barrel intrudes into the sight picture. I've received some e-mails from Carbine owners who tell me that their rifles are the same way. It makes me feel like the barrel is overtwisted.

Will

------------------
Mendacity is the system we live in.

M16
A very lucky man! How on earth did you ever achieve that? We should all be so lucky.

I want a few odds and ends:

1) Marlin 336 .30-30 in stainless steel.
2) Browning Autoloader in .308 Win w/Leupold scope.
3) Remington 597 Magnum .22WMR.
4) I think...AH...Yes a Ruger Mini-14.

I am but a simple man and simple tools to get the job done are the best!

------------------
Take Care

- light weight, no more than 2 lb.
- sub-MOA accuracy
- trajectory of a .22-250
- power of a .378 Weatherby
- recoil & sound of a pellet gun
- ammo the price of .22 LR
- self-cleaning
- less than $100 so I could have 3 or 4 for backup
- available in left-hand only (right hand version available about 6 years from now, in "selected" calibers, and at extra cost)

I can dream, can't I?

I'd like a rifle I could by new from my local
dealer without having my name end up on the
Gestapo's owner's list in Washington.

M1A, FAL, G3, Robar SR-90, AR-15, Thompson Subgun, Garand, BAR, 1903 Springfield, AK-47, RPK, Oh yeah, and 50 magazines for each. I like military rifles.

------------------
Beware the three D's: The dumb, drunk, and deranged. Chadintex@hotmail.com

Hm. FAL with better sights...for $600! Damn politicians... :mad:

I would also love an M1 Carbine modified to shoot 7.62x39mm, a Stryker shotgun, a Skorpion .32 (with A TON of spare mags), and a custom .257 Ackley. Oh, yeah, and a custom .35 Whelen Imp.

I love this...

1. Synthetic stocked Remington Model 7 in .308, rebarreled with one of Rem's carbon-fiber bull barrels, 20".
2. Same weapon in .350 Rem Mag.
3. Marlin 1894P in .44 mag w/Ashley Ghost Ring sights.
4. Ruger Mini-14 in .308.
5. Synthetic stocked .30-40 Krag action with an 18" barrel.

Many more, I'm sure, but this is a start...

[This message has been edited by ScottS (edited May 27, 2000).]

I LOVE the "take-down" concept in rifles. The H&S Precision sharpshooter set-up in .308. The Wild West Guns Alaskan Guide model. The Browning Auto .22. The Winchester 9422. :)

1. Remington 40XB with 26 inch barrel in HS Precision's PSS stock with Leupold Vari-X III 3.5-10X40LR M1 Tactical Mil-dot in Badger base and rings. But IN .22 RIMFIRE!!! Or maybe .22 Magnum!!! Yeah that's it! :D

A smallbore twin to my PSS for indoor practice.

2. Marlin 1894M in .22 Magnum with custom 24 inch octogon barrel. ;)

3. Springfield M1903 National Match :)

4. Springfield M1922 or M1922M1 NRA civilian sales Rifle with Lyman 48C and Unertl 15X (Winchester A5 alternate) on armory scope blocks. :D

lightweight, stainless, bolt-action .222 with a compact fixed power Leupold (?) scope.

fast twist, for heavier bullets. maybe 20 inch bbl.

Might go synthetic stock, maybe in blue. :)
blind magazine.

anyone have an idea what this would cost to put together?

This is fun--here's my list:

1) .22 L.R. Kimber Classic (new one)
2) .223 Remington 700 Police/PSS
3) .308 Custom Scout on Winchester M70 Classic short action
4) .30-06 Fulton Armory M1 Garand
5) .30-06 Dakota 76 Classic
6) .357 Mag. Marlin 1894 Cowboy II
7) .44 Mag. Marlin 1894P (Ashley ghost ring sights, of course)

Santa, please take note. ;)

Change of mind:
Hopper-fed rail gun with Knights MWS, underbarrel 12bore.
Primary rail mechanism pushing a 4mm copper jacketed steel slug at 4,670fps. ROF of 900rpm. Fires mainly in burst mode, sighted via a raised shotgun-type rail.
The tech exists... www.amazing1.com

Alfadog:

I just bought a 'new' Kimber HS (Hunter Silhouette). Go right out and get that Classic! You will thank yourself. These rifles are all they are said to be and way more. Make sure you get the new factory bases which take Redfield rotary dovetail style rings. The bases make it look like a miniature custom square bridge Mauser. :D

Bill

I want a beefed up version of a rifle I had built last year. A H.S. precision 28" stainless steel fluted barrel,with a H.S. long rang tactical adjustable stock, A blueprinted Rem 721 action with sako extractor a timney trigger, all aluminum bedded into the bedding block,so it fits together like a Lego. The barrel would be 1 1/8 inch at muzzle. Also ad a varmint style brake. Blued flutes only,rest of barrel in matte finish stainless. In the caliber of 300 Rem ultra mag.Topped off with Leopold QD rings and bases,with a 8-25x50 30mm scope.Will start as soon as I can find a good 721 action. All for long range Varmint hunting. :D

Well, since you said rifle, that leaves out the 50mm Krupp mountain gun and the Vickers belt bed .303 with the fluted brass water jacket and a few similar items so...

Something like the Carbon 15 but in .308 with a tensioned light weight barrel and a telescopic sound moderator.

A scout built onto a Remington model 7 but with the receiver slotted for stripper clips.

A customized Mauser in .30-06, light engraving, apeture sights, nice wood, not flashy but nice quality work.

A DeLisle carbine, original or modern interpretation, I am more interested in the concept than a historical piece.

A nice light falling block rifle, this I would like as a full custom, fancy, exotic example.

A quality double rifle in .416 rigby.

An M-4 carbine with M-203 and a few accessories and, of course, ammunition. (not exactly a rifle but what the hell)

A 45-70 co-pilot (Marlin customized by West).

A quality biathlon rifle, the Russians are making a nice straight pull but I don't know the designation.

An M-1 Garand, all original, 98%+ condition.

That is the short list, I could continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back