What Rifle do you WANT???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Judge Blackhawk

Without getting into a discussion of need vs. want.

I would like to ask you what rifle do you most WANT in your collection?

Here is my top two in my list:
1. Styer Scout in .308
2. Marlin 1894P .44 mag

Both of these guns I dont really have use for that would not be satisfied by a gun already in my collection, but dang it, I WANT them.

Smiles and God Bless

Judge Blackhawk

Hello. I'd like a custom rifle built on a '98 Mauser action in .338 Win Mag. It would have classic European lines and would have about a 2.5lb trigger. The wooden stock would, of course, be inert and not affect point of aim, would be pillar and glass bedded and so forth. I could go on, but you get the idea. Best.

Have a 257 Roberts Mauser in the works for this year.
Would like a 375 H&H for next year on a Magnum Mauser action, but the price might knock me out of it.

I'd like a 50BMG mounted in the back of a Jeep with serious optics on it. For elk hunting, the next mountain over.

Browning BAR2 in 7.62NATO with a foreward mounted, low magnification scope, flash hider, and a nifty carrier on the stock to hold a few of those little mags in reserve.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Judge Blackhawk:
Without getting into a discussion of need vs. want.

I would like to ask you what rifle do you most WANT in your collection?

[/quote]

I'm a simple guy...

AK 47 selective fire
M16
Steyer AUG

[This message has been edited by Ezeckial (edited May 27, 2000).]

Which rifle? Let's see, how about a Marlin Guide gun in .45/70 in case I get caught in a buffalo stampede. I have a real nice M14 clone but a good AK would match it well. I think if I could have just one more it would be a custom Mauser in a synthetic stock with a top of the line 3X9 scope in .30/06.

------------------
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times to spit on his hands,hoist the black flag and begin slitting throats." H.L. Mencken

Here's the short List:

1) Weatherby Super Varmitmaster in .223 Rem

2) Ruger #1 in .375 H&H

3) Weatherby Accumark .30-378 WM

was just looking at a cz rifle in .223 (forget the model) intermediate barrel, light weight, extremely smooth bolt, and push the trigger forward with your trigger finger and the trigger is set @ 2.5-3lbs.
damn thing felt like it weighed less than my 10/22!
only down side is that rings and extra mag are not incl.
but that obstacle is easily overcome

There's not enough bandwidth for my coplete list!

A real Soviet SVD Dragunov
Styer Scout
A Barrett 50 BMG
Full auto AK
Full auto M16
Full auto H&K MP5 SD
Winchester 1873
Winchester 97
Sharps 45/70
IMI Timberwolf in 44 mag
basically, one of everything!

This is what imediately comes to mind.

Springfield M1A National Match
Winchester/Browning 1886 .45-70
Winchester 92 .357 Mag.
Shiloh Sharps 1873 .45-70 (Maybe .50-100)
A good bolt action .243

I'm sure I could add alot to this with a little thought, but this will do for now.

------------------
TFL's official "Curmudgeon Member" and damned proud of it!

Either a Remington 700 SS taget barrel Sythentic stock, in .308 with some big optics, huge optics, and a Harris Bi-pod. Or a Ruger M77 with the same things.

jimc, I believe the rifle you were looking at was the CZ527.

I just put a CZ527 in .223 on layaway a few days ago. It sure has a sweet, smooth action. It's a rifle I really have no need for, but I want it just the same. It should compliment, but not complete (my collection will never be complete), my other rifles quite nicely.
DAL

------------------
Reading "Capitalism: The Unknown Ideal," by Ayn Rand, should be required of every politician and in every high school.
GOA, JPFO, PPFC, CSSA, LP, NRA

[This message has been edited by DAL (edited May 27, 2000).]

Another Remington 700 LTR in .308 and maybe the same rifle in .223 if they make them. The one I have is the best rifle I have ever owned, period. Awesome trigger!! :D

Oh yeah, and a Chandler M40 "Super Grade" Sniper in .308. :D

------------------
The Glock freak formerly known as Chris...

[This message has been edited by Rainbow Six (edited May 27, 2000).]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back