• Ankle

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Shoulder

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Appendix

Votes: 13 17.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Seems to be mostly right handed shooters here...lol!

Left pants/shorts pocket 90 percent of the time.

9 ish pm when owb.

The gun at noon/midnight is...er...ah fageddabout it! ;)

I'm kinda fat, 6' and 250, and normally wear a t-shirt or at most a polo, and have found that I can carry anything I want up to and including a 4" GP100, BHP or P228 at 3 o'clock OWB. Often it's a .357 LCR or Shield 9 especially on weekends, but usually it's the P32 just because it's lighter and more comfortable.

I used to carry at 4:00 behind the hip. Problem is it really is almost always a two handed operation with an untucked shirt and it prints when I bend. It looks odd but I used to bend at the knees, not bend over, so no one would see the bulky grip. Sitting at a restaurant is awkward if I'm at a table, not a booth. 3:00 seems to hide better, and I can still sit. When I go to the restroom, it's always a stall. No need to have to keep that gun/holster from falling while I hold my other gun. [emoji23]

4:00 also limits my ability to draw when driving, too, if need be. I find that 3:00 over Appendix/1:00-2:00 is more comfortable when seated. Being seated makes it awkward for Appendix carry.

Since it seems like it's not a matter of one person attacking these days, I feel it is truly necessary to be prepared to deal with numbers. In the current climate, I am personally not reassured with 5 rounds of ammunition, as I was with a Smith and Wesson 442 or 640 anymore. This is what I used to carry in the pocket. My hand was always in my pocket and the draw is faster than any IWB carry. Retention is great and even in a struggle, it would be hard to grab it from me.

But I don't gamble with just 5 rounds. I acquired the Kimber K6S which is a 6 shot 357 Magnum. I find the 158 grain Blazer to be very good out to 25 yards and I can shoot it rather quickly up to 10 yards. My backup option is my Glock 19 MOS with an RMR, 3:00 position. It doesn't overlap with my pocket carry revolver.

So I carry 21 rounds, New York reload. Pocket carry revolver and 3:00 IWB.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Inside my vest . . .

My favorite way to carry in in the inside left breast pocket of a vest. Second is in a small "man bag" hanging from my belt, third is IWB at about 4:00.

Life is good.
Prof Young

> 3. You don't sweep anyone else on the draw

While that seems to be one of the Big Issues nowadays, it's not part of my consideration at all.

I grew up with "don't pull it unless you intend to use it." If I'm pulling my gun, you ought to be more worried about my marksmanship than whether you got muzzle-swept on my draw, because you're now a participant in my gunfight.

I don't know what all those O'clock numbers mean. I carry OWB in a thumbreak pancake holster. My belt comes in the bottom of the holster, across the top and through the front of the holster. the front of the holster rides just to the back of my pocket. Grip of the gun stays up next to my body all the time.

Don Fischer wrote:
I don't know what all those O'clock numbers mean.

time10.jpg

Back