• Ankle

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Shoulder

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Appendix

Votes: 13 17.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wow, so many choices. Honestly, I'm not sure I could tell the difference between 4:00 and 4:30, but I voted 4:00 to get you in the ballpark.

I occasionally pocket carry, too, but that is only once a week, maybe twice.

What position do you normally carry?
"Normally" being the key word.
What ever "position" my right front pocket is.
Because every day, regardless of what else I might, or might not be carrying, my LCP is in my right front pocket.
Other than that, IWB @ about 3:30

So, your poll missed a very popular choice, pocket. But didn't it also duplicate 2:00 with apendix?

I wonder if this poll should have tried to unify lefties with the right handed shooters. Especially confusing with cross draw. And isn't 2 oclock sort of like appendix carry?

@Brian good point.

I Carry @ 3, but 3:30 is ok.. around 10 for cross draw.. but I don't really like cross draw in most situations so I voted 3 with a little forward cant.

Nothing else feels good and Im right handed.. If I was left im sure I'd be carrying @ 9.

How do you factor in for the lefties? I like strong side which would be 3:00 - 3:30 for me.

I think it is the safest for several reasons:
1. Retention: It is harder for someone to take your weapon
2. It isn't covering any part of your body, even when seated.
3. You don't sweep anyone else on the draw as in a cross draw or small of back
4. If you fall backwards, no risk of damage to spine
5. Speed: strong hand is closest to gun

The only time cross draw would make sense to me is if you are sitting a lot or driving. Other than that, strong side all the way for me.

I used to carry at about 3:30-4:00 until a couple years ago. Increasing discomfort in my elbow and wrist, plus some lower back/hip pain, probably from how my holster was riding, forced me to re-think where I hung my gun. Now I carry at about 2:30 to 2:45.

For woods carry I prefer cross-draw or chest holsters, depending on whether I'm using a backpack or not. Large backpacks with hipbelts make my normal carry position essentially impossible. And pretty uncomfortable.

I chose appendix carry. That is my preferred method when out and about. I usually pocket carry around the house. So I guess you could say either one is 'normal'.

How do you factor in for the lefties? I like strong side which would be 3:00 - 3:30 for me.
I think what Brian meant and I agree with is say 9:30 - 2:30
You get into this area where both righties and lefties are using the same range but in different ways.. example a 9:30 could be a lefty who likes the gun a bit more forward.. or it could be a rightly who cross draws.

say 11 - 1 could be anything.
It's gonna be a similar store in the back.

Even though it only has 30 votes so far it appears a few positions are really dominate so it might not be a big issue in the end.

Back