What is your whitetail tally so far?

Man I'M glad I live in the south.If the deer get 3 times bigger up yonder I could'nt get them in the truck either.not field dressing helps too.It was 73 degrees the week before thanksgiving and is the peak of our rut.Ya noway we need ice or field dressing.Come on Ya'll can't think thats true.I dont think our deer are that small I took 2 @ or above 200lbs.this year & I'M a old man.YOU can shoot little deer anywhere I'm pretty sure.

Got my rack back from Bonemojo.com, I'm totally impressed once again by the work that Sean and his beetles do, very clean, damn thing looks bigger now!

Cant get my pics to load, I will figure this out and get it on here..
Maybe.

Last edited:
but you guys have blacktail. from what I've heard they are bigger than whitetail and taste better than prairie donkey deer anyway:D

Hooligan1 asked for help posting this, so direct all questions to him.

1430938853.jpg

Black tail deer are smaller than white tail deer and almost completely nocturnal. The also move into the cities at the first sign of hunting season. The come though my yard and sample my garden on a regular basis but it's rare to see one out where I can hunt them...

Tony

In the "Great Northwest" we have both white tail and mule deer, my yard normally has five or six mule deer of all sizes and sexes wandering under the apple trees, they are so bold my Westie is chased back through the dog door when she gets too pushy. When hunting I have taken my share of bucks but never a white tail in the scope, i have eaten whitetail venison but really cannot tell the difference.

I've traveled, hunted and killed a lot of game. I've been very blessed. I don't know how many deer I've killed with longbows, compounds, and rifles. A bunch. One thing that never changes and will never cease to amaze me is the weights of deer that were never weighed.

Ignorance of the scale is bliss. FWIW, a 204 lb field dressed looks like a tank. A real tank. There seems to be a lot of tanks in the south. Something I have never experienced much of. Buy a dang scale men. Your deer will get smaller. I promise.

God Bless

WVMountaineer: Been going down to WV for over 20 years. I shot maybe two deer that were about 140 pounds. I sometimes run over to the check station where the Game Commission is weighing and am usually within 8-10 pounds on my weight guess. One year my buddy shot a 4 point (Pretty nice rack) and it was the smallest body I ever saw on a buck down there. About 3 years later I shot a 6 point in the same area and I just grabbed the feet, picked it up and set it in the truck bed. Same area I shot the 140 plus pound deer. Genetics? I shot a button buck in PA once that was almost 80 pounds field dressed. Weird stuff sometimes.

WV Mountaineer,If a 200 lb.Deer is as big as a tank ya'll must have some pretty small tanks also.YEP I see what you mean we need scales BAD.;);)

Back